Focal Elex Heavy?
Oct 2, 2020 at 4:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Kazzaaa

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I just got my pair of Focal Elex today. Has anyone had issues with it being too heavy? And if so how did you guys combat that? I'm used to wearing my AKG712, and that's probably why. Could it be possible that the clamp force makes it feel heavier than it is?

Oct 2, 2020 at 6:38 AM Post #2 of 5
I don't find them heavy at all. You should try some audeze haha. Clamp force is likely to reduce the perceived weight due to less weight being supported by the top of your head. Not much you can do to reduce the weight of Elex though I'm afraid.

Apr 28, 2021 at 12:03 AM Post #3 of 5
I know Elex is a good headphone but I'm wondering if it will be too heavy for me. I guess I have a weak neck. For me, Sundara is a bit heavy and it hurts my neck after a long listening session so I sold it eventually.

Apr 28, 2021 at 12:27 AM Post #4 of 5
I also find the Focal hifi headphone series a little on the heavy side. I get a hotspot right on top of my head, but it's not unbearable.

Mar 7, 2024 at 10:30 PM Post #5 of 5
I've worn Elex for extended periods of time and they never felt heavy to me. I also have an LCD-2 and planning to sell it because my neck starts to ache after about 20-30 minutes :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back