focal elegia
Apr 12, 2023 at 2:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Diederik1986

New Head-Fier
I have a a focal elegia but since i have a planar and planar iem I kinda like to fullness of the bass and the slam that comes with this tech.
I this my head of is that really a thing?
and if so any recommendations for what I should trade / sell the elegia for .
I really like the fit of the elegia , its really great, very good quality product but the sound for me is meh, I like a warm sound.

i would like some advice .

Apr 12, 2023 at 3:05 PM Post #2 of 6
I don't know what the Elegia sells for used in Europe. Here in the US, it's gone for as little as $215-240 USD recently. At that price, one option would be a Meze 99, which is definitely warm, though the bass has some bloat to it. It can get boomy, but definitely fun sounding.

Apr 14, 2023 at 5:20 AM Post #4 of 6
I have a a focal elegia but since i have a planar and planar iem I kinda like to fullness of the bass and the slam that comes with this tech.
I this my head of is that really a thing?
and if so any recommendations for what I should trade / sell the elegia for .
I really like the fit of the elegia , its really great, very good quality product but the sound for me is meh, I like a warm sound.

i would like some advice .
Before you sell your Elegia, have you tried pad swapping? My favs are the Dekoni Custom Stellia pads. The Dekoni sheepskins (nonperforated) bring the most bass

Mar 13, 2024 at 1:05 PM Post #6 of 6
is it that different ?
It really is... I have been through three different sets of pads on mine. The stock pads were good, but they wore out quick. The dekoni fenestrated leather were really hard, and they made the bass bloomy and the treble peaky (almost a V-shaped elegia), then I got the dekonia stellia pads, and now I like my Elegias more than almost any other pair I have tried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back