FLAC to ALAC
Aug 13, 2012 at 6:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

seelamb

New Head-Fier
I'm not sure if this has been posted already but most of my music files are your standard MP3, but I've recently been downloading a lot of music in FLAC but I use iTunes and an iPod/iPhone so I was wondering what are some safe and effective ways into converting FLAC to ALAC which is Apple's own lossless music file format.Thanks!

Thanks!

Aug 13, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:
I'm not sure if this has been posted already but most of my music files are your standard MP3, but I've recently been downloading a lot of music in FLAC but I use iTunes and an iPod/iPhone so I was wondering what are some safe and effective ways into converting FLAC to ALAC which is Apple's own lossless music file format.Thanks!

Thanks!

Search function is your friend ....... http://www.head-fi.org/search.php?search=convert+flac+to+alac

Personally I use dbpoweramp for all of my conversions.  Well worth paying for the full version.

Aug 25, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #6 of 6
Used Max for the longest time, but it's been pretty much abandoned, so these days it's XLD for me. It's being updated fairly regularly, and has acquired more advanced settings than Max had, updated LAME encoder and works with the latest OS X. Great for ripping but also just conversions (and can keep presets for different uses) Link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back