FLAC converter question
Oct 20, 2009 at 9:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Mr.Gump

New Head-Fier
Thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully helping me out.

I have download some FLAC music files and I would like some recomendatins for easy to use, free, conversation software.

I tried the dBpoweramp software but my trial expired and I can not longer use it. It seemed to work well the few times I used it, but I do not want to pay for conversion software at this time.

I basically need free software that will allow me to convert FLAC to mp3 files so I can put them in my iTunes.

Thank you for your help.

I apologize if I posted this thread in the wrong section, but I was not sure where to post it.
normal_smile .gif

Oct 20, 2009 at 10:02 AM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by insyte /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Download rockbox and lame
smily_headphones1.gif

rockbox is a converter? or is it something I add to my iTunes? I am a bit confused. Can you run me through it? Thanks

Oct 20, 2009 at 10:17 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by insyte /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ooops sorry I meant foobar2k and lame.

Foobar is a player, which can use lame to convert flac files to mp3.
foobar2000

thank you for the recommendation, I appreciate it.

Still, and I mean no offense, can anyone recommend one type of software for Windows that does it. I prefer just one program devoted to the conversion.

Oct 20, 2009 at 2:34 PM Post #10 of 11
Its the converison to mp3 that requires a fee in dbpoweramp - FLAC is free to use.
If you wish for a pain free 1 stop shop - then use WINAMP, point it to your music collection, then plug in your Ipod. Winamp will ask you if you want it to manage your iPod for you (select YES), then you can transcode your FLAC files onto your Ipod (that way you don't have to have a FLAC and mp3 copy of everything - yes I'm glaring at you IChoons!) - Winamp will handle everything for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back