First post in this section...
May 5, 2003 at 7:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

HeadFone New-B

New Head-Fier
Well, this is my first post in this section of the forum. I'm here because I'm curious about three (kinda) specific things:

1) What is an average output impedance from a portable CD player that is on the mass market? (in other words: for the average portable CD player that you see other people, maybe not so involved in portable audio, using, what is an average output impedance?)

2) What is an average output power from a portable CD player on the mass market?

3) What is a good selection of a portable CD player for around $250 (+/- $50)????

Thanks for the help guys!!
biggrin.gif

May 5, 2003 at 8:47 PM Post #2 of 6
1) 16ohms (Sony) or 32ohms (Panasonic & Sharp)

2) 5mw for modern units

3) $250? Do they go that high cost wise? - Wow! - I'd look for old school myself at that much cash... an E905 would do you nicely
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2003 at 12:39 AM Post #3 of 6
No they don't, at least not anymore. The highest priced ones I've seen have been $200, like the top-of-the-line Sony, Panasonic, and Iriver models. There's not a market anymore for PCDPs that expensive I guess. Some of the older discmans once sold for as high or higher than $400 I believe. Now? There's nothing even close to that range.

May 6, 2003 at 4:33 AM Post #4 of 6
Yeah $250 is alot you can easily outbid almost anyone on eBay.

May 6, 2003 at 1:57 PM Post #6 of 6
Well as the guy who recommended the TAH (total airhead) to you in the first place I know someone is going to say that even thought the TAH is totally decent a META42 is going to perform better for the same price. But then I know you have some kind of beef with custom jobs. Wait, what's my point. Oh yeah, what is your beef with diy (do it yourself) amps exactly? And its 7am here on the westside, I gotta get to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back