Finished my cmoy pocket amp!
Aug 20, 2001 at 9:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

wab

500+ Head-Fier
I just finished my cmoy. I built it without a volumepot or led to keep it really simple, I use a single 9V battery. It sounds very good with my Sennheiser HD495's and my Sharp minidisc, and it looks good too!

Only thing is it pops like crazy when I move the plugs from the headphone and interconnect around a bit, anyone know how I can fix this? Also, it distorts slightly at full volume, is that normal?

Aug 20, 2001 at 9:56 AM Post #2 of 3
mmm.. after listening some more I found it distorts a lot high volumes and slightly at normal listening volume. What could cause this??

thanks

wab

Aug 20, 2001 at 12:07 PM Post #3 of 3
wab, I believe the distortion that you are hearing is caused by the level coming out of your MD. Since you don't have a volume knob on your Cmoy, I can only assume that you're using your MD's headphone out to control the volume. What's happening is the headphone out level is overdriving the line-in into the Cmoy. Two ways to solve this problem, don't turn up the volume to where it distorts or install a volume control into the Cmoy and use the line-out of the MD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back