Find Me Music Like...
Sep 24, 2015 at 7:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

TRapz

500+ Head-Fier
Hi fellow Head-Fi'ers and music lovers! 

I've been wanting to find songs similar to others that I listen to frequently and I figured many of us would like to find music similar to songs we've discovered. If you've found an artist, album, or song that you enjoyed and wanted more music similar to it, go ahead and post it here. If you have any recommendations for anyone else, please share! 

I've got two songs I've found that I really liked, and I wanted more like them:

Rihanna - Dancing In The Dark (off of the "Home" soundtrack)

I love the fun feel of this, the simplistic instruments that aren't too invasive; I enjoy their sound, as well as Rihanna's singing style here. I generally don't listen to a lot of female pop and did not like Rihanna's "Diamonds" or "American Oxygen," (though I really liked "Stay") but I'd like to find more in this style by her or by other artists.

Adele - Skyfall (off of the "Skyfall" soundtrack)

I enjoy a lot of Adele's work, but this stands out because of the instruments used; her songs generally consist of piano and other instruments commonly used in pop, but I enjoyed the orchestral + vocal mix here and the soft beginning transitioning into a much fuller sound.

Please feel free to request music similar to that which you've found and enjoyed, as well as recommend music for others!

Sep 25, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #2 of 6
If you like Adele, here's some epic songs you might like from two more females with the initial 'A'.

Oct 2, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #3 of 6
I enjoyed the Winehouse songs and the second Keys song; the first had a little too much added to it IMO, and I liked the simplicity of the second. Thanks for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back