Finals, Winter Break, and the last semester of school
Dec 12, 2008 at 8:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Zarathustra19

1000+ Head-Fier
Well, its that time again, when the aroma of coffee fills the air, the nervous sweating of the palms begins anew, and college minds drift off to dream of sleeping in under warm blankets at home while the snow falls outside.

I am of course talking about finals week; specifically for me the end of finals week. in approximately two hours I will be taking the last final (or final final as it were) of this semester and getting ready to leave for home for a whole month. After a night of pretty much no sleep and a veritable IV of coffee, I hope I'm at least somewhat prepared to take this beast. Its for Introduction to Public Administration. This is the class that makes or breaks deans list for me this semester, and therefore dictates how well I do in applying to law school over the break. So, needless to say, its more than a little nerve-wracking.

In any case, it will be over pretty soon and I'll be on my way home to Gettysburg for some needed time off. And the kicker here is that I've actually budgeted enough money so that I don't have to work the entire break, meaning an actual vacation is on the horizon. Huzzah!

This means that I'll have ample time to prepare for the last semester of my senior year and get some of the work done ahead of time. In case anyone is interested, I'll let you in on what the schedule is looking like next spring (though I doubt you'll find it interesting). I'm scheduled to begin two writing classes to satisfy my electives: Poetry and Fiction writing. These I think will be a breeze, as I've taken a few writing courses before and they are so much easier than memorizing facts and figures for other classes, all you have to do is be creative for a chapter or stanza a night. Excellent. I'm enrolled in Post-Colonial literature, which I believe covers post colonial American literature, but it could also be African as well, or even Chinese! Add to these three classes one dash of advanced political science, introduction to music, and my favorite: a Seminar on William Faulkner. Should be an interesting semester.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back