Finally using my Little Dot MK1+
Dec 26, 2008 at 6:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jfindon

500+ Head-Fier
After having it sit on my desk for a month waiting for Christmas, I finally got to use it. I don't know all the technical things or terms so I really can't describe the sound other than "good'. It makes me Zune sound much better, the soundstage seems better and the bass is better as well. Overall I'm happy with it thus far, though I am noticing a lot of my music sounds pretty flat/bad
tongue.gif

I'll tinker with it eventually and put the jumpers in place that are supposed to make it sound even better. One thing I want to know is what I should have the gain set at for my SR225s?

Here are some pictures.

IMG_4658.jpg

IMG_4659.jpg

IMG_4660.jpg

IMG_4661.jpg

IMG_4662.jpg

IMG_4663.jpg

Dec 29, 2008 at 3:12 AM Post #3 of 5
I had the straight Mk1 and liked it. My Dad is enjoying it now. I never found a good way to judge gain settings. I set the gain to "2", and if the headphone sounded too loud when turned the volume half way up, I lowered the gain, and vice versa.

Hopefully someone can give you better guidance than that, but it worked for me.

Enjoy your amp!

-HK sends

P.S. Let the amp burn-in and the sound should improve.

Dec 31, 2008 at 7:53 PM Post #5 of 5
A question for anyone who has one, do you have a little hiss/static? I can't notice it when music is playing, but when I'm just browsing I hear a bit of a hiss. David over at Little-Tube said that since I bought it from an unauthorized dealer that I probably got a "B stock or damaged good", which doesn't really make sense to me but whatever. He was telling me to send it back, which I doubt I'll do because everything else is fine. Just not very cool putting doubts in me now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back