final x DITA Shichiku.Kangen Discussion & Impressions
Aug 10, 2022 at 9:56 PM Post #227 of 240
Hi guys,

i have an option to buy the SK or the U18T and really need your advices on this. The genres i listen to are jazz, classical, vocal, pop, instrumental. I listen to Frank Sinatra, Susan Wong, Diana Krall, Bocelli, etc.

Is the SK fit for my needs above?

Note: i prefer details, separation, and i am sensitive and not prefer sparking treble.

Thank you,
Shawn

Aug 11, 2022 at 8:05 AM Post #228 of 240
Anyone here selling their Shichiku.Kangen? I am interested to buy one.

Aug 12, 2022 at 5:31 PM Post #229 of 240
Hi guys,

i have an option to buy the SK or the U18T and really need your advices on this. The genres i listen to are jazz, classical, vocal, pop, instrumental. I listen to Frank Sinatra, Susan Wong, Diana Krall, Bocelli, etc.

Is the SK fit for my needs above?

Note: i prefer details, separation, and i am sensitive and not prefer sparking treble.

Thank you,
Shawn
You’re definitely safer with the U18t or even the U12t if you’re sensitive in the treble. The SK can get pretty spicy.

Aug 12, 2022 at 6:37 PM Post #231 of 240
Anyone here selling their Shichiku.Kangen? I am interested to buy one.
I suggest you look at the second-hand market in mainland China, where many options exist. I saw a brand new, unopened SK about a month ago for less than $2000, and I have to say that the SK is a product that was ruined by Dita (I'm sure fans of the single DD unit are also disappointed by the performance of Perpetua). Even though Dita has the agency authority in some areas, I still hope that they will not be too involved in Final Audio's product design and development in the future, honestly. :bow:

Aug 12, 2022 at 6:44 PM Post #232 of 240
微信截图_20220812184201.png

According to the current exchange rate, 11,000 RMB is equal to 1,632 US dollars. I feel that it is inaccurate to say 2,000 US dollars. The price of SK is not even as good as A8000, Dita's influence :p.

Aug 13, 2022 at 8:25 AM Post #233 of 240
I suggest you look at the second-hand market in mainland China, where many options exist. I saw a brand new, unopened SK about a month ago for less than $2000, and I have to say that the SK is a product that was ruined by Dita (I'm sure fans of the single DD unit are also disappointed by the performance of Perpetua). Even though Dita has the agency authority in some areas, I still hope that they will not be too involved in Final Audio's product design and development in the future, honestly. :bow:
Can you kindly tell me more about how Dita ruined SK? Due to its limited number, or due to the stiff Oslo cable? Or is it the tuning? I'm highly curious, because very recently an esteemed head-fier also denounced Dita's tuning to me in pm.

Aug 13, 2022 at 8:32 AM Post #234 of 240
微信截图_20220812184201.png
According to the current exchange rate, 11,000 RMB is equal to 1,632 US dollars. I feel that it is inaccurate to say 2,000 US dollars. The price of SK is not even as good as A8000, Dita's influence :p.
Also, which Marketplace is this? Link please.

Dec 17, 2022 at 4:39 AM Post #235 of 240
walking into the 2nd hand audio shop i used to go today and found a SK in very good condition at a quite attractive price.

i always wanted to have the A8000 but can't take the excessive treble and bass light sound signature (much more so than FWW which i love) and also the very impractical mirror finish SS shell (i don't baby my iems, but A8000 with hairline scratches are really ugly). so when i saw the SK at this price level, i bought myself an early x'mas gift :relaxed:

built quality is really top notch as final / dita always do. the oslo cable looks a step behind the cable comes with dita perpetua (and much thinner yet stiffer). it's also unreasonably stiff and kept itself coil up despite my effort to straighten it. the awesome plug is also pretty cheap looking. the sound is tuned much more mainstream than the A8000 in my unreliable memory. less piercing treble and more mid-bass and below. but frankly it's the very nicely finished gold accent and lacquer (feels every bit metal surfaces rather than lacquer finishes to me) that got me buying this. i guess perpetua sounds a bit better and renders details better too (rightly so for the slightly higher price).

as many observed, Dita products seldom hold their value and i got both my perpetua and SK used for under 50% of listed price. i think dita spent to much on the packaging and other non-sound related aspects. while i appreciate a lot the quality of material and craftsmanship going in, seems most others didn't buy this kind of product planning.

Attachments

• 20221217_154213.jpg
    20221217_154213.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221217_154602.jpg
    20221217_154602.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221217_160154.jpg
    20221217_160154.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Dec 17, 2022 at 9:14 AM Post #237 of 240
Good summary of the SKs. If you buy these it has to be a good deal and because you're really into the aesthetics and/or collecting. You don't buy these for the sound.
oh yes. 45% of the listed price. otherwise, i'll go for an used A8000 instead :relaxed:

Dec 18, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #238 of 240
I think between the A8000 and the SK, it comes down to personal preferences and mood as well. Which I pick up to listen to really depends on my mood.

But absolutely agree that the SK packaging is a bit fussy. And the Dita Oslo cable for the SK is a travesty! I decided that it was too much of a health hazard (always worry I might smack myself in the eye with the wild Oslo) and use the SK with a Eletech Socrates. Much better sound quality too. :)

Dec 24, 2022 at 4:08 AM Post #239 of 240
I think between the A8000 and the SK, it comes down to personal preferences and mood as well. Which I pick up to listen to really depends on my mood.

But absolutely agree that the SK packaging is a bit fussy. And the Dita Oslo cable for the SK is a travesty! I decided that it was too much of a health hazard (always worry I might smack myself in the eye with the wild Oslo) and use the SK with a Eletech Socrates. Much better sound quality too. :)
the bass of SK is so much more impactful than A8k in my memory. it's great for jpop and acg music i listen to mostly. the 99dB/mW sensitivity rating didn't look so bad yet i need to go for the same vol for DC Ti to reach an enjoyable listening level.

Dec 24, 2022 at 6:24 AM Post #240 of 240
the bass of SK is so much more impactful than A8k in my memory. it's great for jpop and acg music i listen to mostly. the 99dB/mW sensitivity rating didn't look so bad yet i need to go for the same vol for DC Ti to reach an enjoyable listening level.
Agree. Though I have found that the A8000 takes on a different characteristic when used with the AMP14 card for the DX300/320 which is balanced nutube. Quite lovely :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back