[CLOSED] Chesky Vocalist Comparison: Rebecca Pidgeon & Melissa Menago
Sep 7, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #2 of 24
Wow, Rebecca Pidgeon knocked out Amber Rubarth? Interesting. I bought Melissa Menago's new album and it's fantastic (definitely a must-have for audiophiles) but... Rebecca Pidgeon has my vote again.
popcorn.gif

Sep 7, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #3 of 24
I have both albums already.  Melissa for me.

Sep 8, 2016 at 1:58 AM Post #5 of 24
While I'm a big Rebecca Pidgeon fan, listening to "Little Crimes" by Melissa Menago sways my vote in her direction.  Such presence and natural personal vocals when listening through LCD-4's, I'll be grabbing this album off HD Tracks tonight.

And thanks for @Soundsgoodtome's comment about Amber Rubarth.  "Scribbled Folk Symphonies" is on my short list too.

- Dave

Sep 8, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #6 of 24
Just 19 hours and this is closed again.
So, I miss out on voting for Rebecca Pidgeon again.

Something must be radically wrong with the running of this contest.

Sep 8, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #7 of 24
  While I'm a big Rebecca Pidgeon fan, listening to "Little Crimes" by Melissa Menago sways my vote in her direction.  Such presence and natural personal vocals when listening through LCD-4's, I'll be grabbing this album off HD Tracks tonight.

And thanks for @Soundsgoodtome's comment about Amber Rubarth.  "Scribbled Folk Symphonies" is on my short list too.

- Dave

Ah, maybe her voice and the LCD-4s have better synergy. This hobby is crazy

Scribbled Folk Symphonies is a more mature album with great additions as far as the band goes. Musically much more pleasing and the room it was recorded is fantastic. Her "Songs" album also from Chesky is a great reference album if needing to test systems but imo musically is a bit bland. IMO of course

Sep 8, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #8 of 24

- Dave

Ah, maybe her voice and the LCD-4s have better synergy. This hobby is crazy

It probably doesn't hurt that "Little Crimes" is recorded as Binaural+.  That's almost cheating. 
atsmile.gif

- Dave

Sep 9, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #12 of 24
I voted the last round (very sorry I missed this one :frowning2: ).... with the discount I picked up Melissa Menago... excellent album! However if I had been quicker on the draw (like last night since the night before I got Melissa recording) I still would have voted for Rebecca Pidgeon.

Sep 10, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #14 of 24
Wow. This voting closed fast.  I wasn't able to place my vote since I was tied up this week.  It would have been nice if for the final vote it would have been open a bit longer and possibly close on a weekend and not mid-week to ensure everyone chance.  It's ashame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back