FiiO X7 Wanted Features
Dec 11, 2015 at 3:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mikolaj612

Head-Fier
Hello everyone.
I made this thread because I'm a X7 user and this is indeed very good device.

I think this thread will be important future/todo list for FiiO, so please include your ideas to FiiO and other user to make X7 firmware even better / more functional.

So I have few, small ideas to implement with future firmware versions (my X7 has been flashed with 1.3 version yesterday).

Here is my list (based on FW 1.3 xperience) :

- % battery should replace typical battery icon near clock,
- ability to change clock from 24h to 12h,
- ability to custom map prev/next song buttons,
- ability to lock some rotation angles,
- FiiO Music app (and other FiiO DAP's) still can't show any cover art from my OGG files (iBasso and my Android phone can do it properly),
- maybe double tap to unlock screen?
- ability to change system font (and few predifined types),
- FiiO music app in my opinion still working to slow,

So this is my wish list to FiiO right now.
Many of this things are very easy to implement and should be included for better usability.

So what is your wish list?

Dec 11, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #2 of 6
Good List....

I'd like to add a few of my own here, but first I do want to mention that so far, I love the X7.. It's leaps and bounds better than the x5ii.. It sounds Amazing & once the SW bugs are worked out, I think it's a real game changer.

Anyway, here's a few observations:

1) The approved app list shows half the icons named in Mandarin.

2) The X7 player needs a comprehensive help file the covers all setting options, icons, basic procedures. IE.. like how to use the, what I assume is, the DLNA or NAS icon next to local folder.. It appears to be dead..

3) How do you edit play lists?

4) I have a X5ii so I know people have been telling you that Music Lib database hierarchy is lacking. Almost a show stopper, but Neutron & HibyMusic are great additions. USB Audio Pro is also quite clean. Overall, the X7 player is much better than the x5ii.

5) The mult sleep / off timers needs hints, & better discription.

6) The web page is pretty funky, too:

A) The "Join Us" is linked to a blank page.
B) I can't figure out how to "regester" the unit.
C) I have no idea what/where this scratch off ser# is!
D) All the icons on the X7 page are intermittent at best when accessing from a Note4 & other android phones. Somehow, I got FW1.3 to download but that's it.

Dec 12, 2015 at 7:40 AM Post #3 of 6
For me Replay Gain support in the FiiO App is the nr 1 missing feature 

3) How do you edit play lists?

C) I have no idea what/where this scratch off ser# is!

@3) It took me a while to figure out. To add songs to playlist you go into the edit mode (tap (...) and then the edit icon) on the album/song list, then you select what you want and there is add to playlist button (the note with a + sign) there. 

@C) Its on the outer sleeve of the box on a red-ish sticker under the FiiO logo.

Dec 13, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #4 of 6
Some of these are bugs, some are strange quirks in the UI, and some are feature requests:

There is a problem when in the artist or album list view. The round button (with the ellipsis) in the bottom right corner is in front of the play icon of the bottom-most artist or album, meaning one has to awkwardly scroll it down so the play icon is visible between the bottom of the round button and the white bar with the current track and control icons on it. Why not have the album play when one presses on the album art? Or perhaps it might be better to allow one to press on the album art or title to go into a list of the songs in the album - there currently appears to be no way to do that.

When going to artist list view, and then selecting and playing an album, it should play the album in track order, not alphabetical order (which is what it does currently). One should not have to go through the album list view to get an album to play in track order. Even going through the album list view requires too many touches: pressing on the little play icon next to an album should play the tracks in numerical order, not alphabetically (it should not be necessary to press on the album and then press on a track, or the icon made up of a little note with play symbol).

Also, when playing in random/shuffle mode, the tracks are randomized only when using the arrow buttons. When swiping left or right on the album art, it goes to the next song in the playlist. This seems like strange behaviour.

There should be an option to list only album artists in the artist list view. 

The lists of albums, songs, and artists are not in proper alphabetical order.

The discnumber tag is not read by the player. So multi-disc albums play in the wrong order (unless one numbers the tracks differently).

The player shows "unknown" next to "year" when the track information is displayed (despite everything being carefully tagged in mp3tag).

There should be some option to sort artists starting with "the" by the second word in their name. Alternatively introduce the ability to make use of song artist or album artist sort tags (which would also allow sorting by artist last name).

Jan 10, 2016 at 6:35 AM Post #5 of 6
I got my X7 Christmas week.Excellent device from an audio perspective.But to be honest the version of Android being used is unstable and looks like a pre production version. My unit is crashing quite frequently and not having the play store is quite irritating.Battery life is respectable. I hope an update will sort some of these issues.

Jan 10, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #6 of 6
Dude, it sounds like you're running FW v1.1 I think the last Firm Ware update (that added the play store in addition to other features & bug fixes) is v1.5?
Initially you had to manually update to FW1.2 or .3.. but after that you can set to auto update. At least that's my memory of it. I don't have the unit in front of me else id be more specifi. Click on the support icon and check FW updates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back