FiiO X3 vs X1
Nov 11, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #76 of 83
Probably, not so sure but basically, it sucks.

Maybe, instead of adding Q1 to the source that sucks you need to change your sound card? A good sound card should be able to drive 300 Ohm head phones.
Sorry if I'm being too pushy with my personal opinions.

Nov 11, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #77 of 83
Maybe, instead of adding Q1 to the source that sucks you need to change your sound card? A good sound card should be able to drive 300 Ohm head phones.

You are not being pushy, no problem.
But a good sound card should be way more expensive I think. My budget is barely giving me the credit to get X1-Q1 and a decent headphone and IEM.

Nov 11, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #78 of 83

+ There is one more thing I forgot to mention. Even if a good sound card is at equal price, I really want to buy Havi B3 PRO I to use outside. And people say that IEM needs an amp for full potential.

Nov 11, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #79 of 83
X1 should be able to drive IEMs. I was worried about output power because I thought you may use a player with full size high impedance head phones.

Nov 11, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #80 of 83
X1 should be able to drive IEMs. I was worried about output power because I thought you may use a player with full size high resistance head phones.

Home use:
pc>Q1>shure srh840 or beyerdynamic dt 770 (80 ohms)
Portable use:
X1+Q1>Havi B3 Pro I,
X1>Hifiman RE-400 and
X1+Q1>shure srh840 or beyerdynamic dt 770 (80 ohms) (this will be rare because those things are not portable)
As a quick note, I know that only pc can drive those ohm rated headphones (~50-80) but if you give it more power, it will give you more.

Nov 11, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #81 of 83
As I said, I am pretty sure you don't need Q1 to drive IEMs. X1 must be enough.
If I were you I would buy X1 (without Q1) + the IEMs of your choice and spend the Q1 budget on a new sound card. I have Creative X-Fi HD and it completely satisfies me, I can hear the difference between it and other sources, like integrated sound card or phones, Creative X-Fi HD gives more detailed and balanced, pleasurable sound comparing to cheap sources. The sound quality of X-Fi HD is similar to my Fiio X3. I don't know which one is better, to me they both produce good sound.

Nov 11, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #82 of 83
  As I said, I am pretty sure you don't need Q1 to drive IEMs. X1 must be enough.
If I were you I would buy X1 (without Q1) + the IEMs of your choice and spend the Q1 budget on a new sound card. I have Creative X-Fi HD and it completely satisfies me, I can hear the difference between it and other sources, like integrated sound card or phones, Creative X-Fi HD gives more detailed and balanced, pleasurable sound comparing to cheap sources. The sound quality of X-Fi HD is similar to my Fiio X3. I don't know which one is better, to me they both produce good sound.

Thank you so much for your attention and advices! I will look sound cards too.

Feb 22, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #83 of 83
I had originally bought an X1G2 to replace my long serving trusty Creative Zen 32GB player. I used the Zen primarily on my daily 2 1/2 to 3 mile walks.  The Zen has always had very good audio especially when paired with my Sony MDR-EX300 in ear headphones.  The X1's audio was immediately superior to the Zen's and with the exception of no bookmarking (a must for audiobooks) it was a worthy replacement.  I jury rigged a belt clip with industrial strength Velcro on the back of the plastic case and on a metal clip from a rubber case for the Zen and that worked very well.  I decided to get an X3 II because it was more substantial feeling.  A  jury rigged belt clip worked even better because of the X3's hard plastic holder . Using the same Sony EX300s revealed that the X3 had a fuller and more open sound than the X1, at least to my ears and I just found listening to the X3 to more enjoyable.  The X3 also indexes and loads large albums or folders faster than the X1 does. Given the choices again, I would get the X3 as the original purchase.  Having both units, however, is OK since my 64GB SD card can be used in either and it's nice to have a backup if something goes south with the X3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back