FiiO x3 2nd Gen for use in car as usb audio?
Mar 15, 2017 at 10:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Lunatics

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, I have a AVIC 5100NEX system is my car. Currently I use an iPod video classic hooked up with USB to my radio which allows me to leave the iPod on all the time and have it start up automatically and control/search for music through my headunit etc. The Hardrive in my iPod is going bad and has been on it's way out for a while and there are a lot of times the device will lock up and I will have to manually shut off and reboot the iPod. I have been looking into buying a replacement iPod, or replacement hard drive for it or buying a new music player.

I like the idea of a FiiO or similar higher end media player so that I can listen to my FLACs or other higher bitrate music without having to lower the quality to get it on the iPod. The X3 2nd gen is on Massdrop right now and I am seriously considering ordering one but I want to verify or get as good of an idea as I can whether or not it will work via USB. I know audio wise there may not be a huge difference between USB or AUX but the main thing I care about is being able to control the music through the headunit itself and having it receive power/charge all the time without having to take it out to charge or control audio through the device itself over AUX.

Sorry if this has been asked before or if there was a thread for the 2nd gen I should have been asking in.

Edit: I see some people commenting from the last time that this drop happened that they were unable to register their product on FiiOs website and it said it was not valid/manufactured by them. Is this something to be concerned about and should I not go through Massdrop if I decide to buy one of these units?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back