Fiio X1 Impressions
Jul 21, 2023 at 7:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

WILLJS

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, just bought a fiio x1 DAP second hand, and have read a lot of good reviews. i personally agree with this - i love it, especially for the money. the only other budget-ish DAP i can compare it with is the sony NW A35, which it definately beats in terms of sound quality, the A35 just sounds a little flat and lifeless, and is very, VERY quiet, whereas the X1 has good punch and drive, and a reasonable amount of detail, and can drive all of the headphones and IEM's that I've tried very well (including Sennheiser HD6xx)

What do you think?

Jul 21, 2023 at 8:05 PM Post #2 of 3
Hi, just bought a fiio x1 DAP second hand, and have read a lot of good reviews. i personally agree with this - i love it, especially for the money. the only other budget-ish DAP i can compare it with is the sony NW A35, which it definately beats in terms of sound quality, the A35 just sounds a little flat and lifeless, and is very, VERY quiet, whereas the X1 has good punch and drive, and a reasonable amount of detail, and can drive all of the headphones and IEM's that I've tried very well (including Sennheiser HD6xx)

What do you think?
Glad you like it. How's the battery life; have you had a chance to measure that yet?

Jul 21, 2023 at 9:05 PM Post #3 of 3
only had it for 2 days, but battery seems alright, the longest i've listened to it in one go was about 2 and and a half hours, that didn't seem to take much out of it.
that was running the previous firmware though, i updated after that, maybe that will improve the battery life, that's what Fiio claims, anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Back