FiiO X1 and embedded album art
Nov 4, 2014 at 8:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

nickitson

New Head-Fier
Hello all,

New member, first post. I have read with interest as views on the new FiiO X1 have begun to emerge. I decided I'd like one and have to say I'm very pleased with it now that it has arrived.

I have now read the thread providing reference tables for album art compatibility on the X3 and X5 and note that more or less the only album art combo that is not currently supported is the one I'm using. I've over 10k tracks that I ripped to ogg vorbis a while back and embedded the art with each file.

I'm interested to know if anyone has a view on whether this might be supported in a future firmware (along with increasing the number of library entries beyond the current 5800 limit I have been reading about) or whether there is something about the file/tag architecture that just makes it impossible.

All the art shows fine for me in MusicBee, which is what I use to rip and play on my PC. I'm sure the rip process is fine as the couple of flac files I ripped to do some comparisons show the art work fine on the X1, as expected.

I'm not keen re-rip everything to flac (or anything else) due to the time required and because part of the attraction of the X1 for me was the cost efficient means of keeping all my ogg format tunes on one player (64Gb micro SD card in use), which is not A**le flavoured and which delivers good value for money.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back