[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Nov 25, 2021 at 6:32 AM Post #1,336 of 2,990
Yes, my colleague is using Win11 and the player could work fine as USB DAC in his computer.

Best regards
Great! Good to know that. Thanks!

Nov 25, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #1,337 of 2,990
The hexagonal buttons feel solid with a responsive click even in the leather case.

I have other words about the "unique all-in-one interactive volume touch panel + volume" that would get me banned from the forums. It's definitely unique and my thumb naturally rests there when I pick it up, so I would inadvertently adjust the volume constantly when I first used it. Thoughts of "you're grabbing it or holding wrong" ran through my head. So after a couple of days, I just turned the touch panel off and press the top or bottom portion of the touch panel to adjust the volume - it does have a hollow clicky sound using it that way - not a fan of the sound as it's the only feature of the DAP that I dislike.

Ja, I'm not a fan of the DX300 volume design but it's solid and surprisingly not obtrusive - smooth in operation and very responsive. Now the volume control on my DX300MAX is just sexy... I digress... LOL
I find that with the DAP in my shirt pocket the touch panel is very convincing to use by touching the pocket cloth in the easy to locate area. Agree that the best volume control wheel is on my DX300 Max Ti.

Nov 25, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #1,338 of 2,990
I have turned off the volume touch panel right away, but I still find myself inadvertently adjusting the volume from time to time when I pick up the device.

Nov 25, 2021 at 2:41 PM Post #1,339 of 2,990
I need to replace my memory card with a larger capacity one.
I wonder what are the maximum read and write values of the microSD slot in M11 Plus Ltd?

Write speed may have an effect on copying music from PC to M11 - I know Ok
- but for downloading music from Tidal - too ?
Will the M11 work better if the card has a higher music read speed, e.g.> 90 or> 100 MB / s?
Of course, I mean the company's original cards - counterfeits are another matter.

Nov 28, 2021 at 9:04 AM Post #1,340 of 2,990
I must say after owning my player for just over a month, despite a couple of issues that I have that I’ve posted in the past few pages, that the core functionality (sound quality) is still really impressing me, this is now my primary source for all of my musical enjoyment - all my other equipment has been mothballed.

Never heard bass definition / texture like what this player produces, vocals are sublime, top end crisp but without sharpness - fantastic.

Nov 28, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #1,341 of 2,990
I must say after owning my player for just over a month, despite a couple of issues that I have that I’ve posted in the past few pages, that the core functionality (sound quality) is still really impressing me, this is now my primary source for all of my musical enjoyment - all my other equipment has been mothballed.

Never heard bass definition / texture like what this player produces, vocals are sublime, top end crisp but without sharpness - fantastic.
better than 1A with mod?

Nov 29, 2021 at 6:07 AM Post #1,342 of 2,990
better than 1A with mod?
To me, yes, but it’s a strange comparison / difference - the 1A sounds more tube like / analogue (I suppose you could say “looser”) the M11 Plus to me sounds more technically adept, the noise floor on the M11 is far superior to me (I listen loudly, 70+ on the 1A and 65+ on the M11 and the M11 is noticeably quieter)

That being said, I don’t know if it is a grounding issue my side - but if listening whilst charging the M11, there is occasional hum on the left channel…

The bass texturing on the M11+ is on another level to that of the Sony - unequivocally so in my opinion, and the drivability seems more mature, I can’t really describe it, but the nearest I’ll say is it’s like my IEMs get upgraded when using them on the M11

I know that the 1A has many fans, me especially - I’ve loved the exploration of the different firmware available, but the M11 Plus has stolen my heart.

As a side note - the M11 Plus seems better driving DD IEMs and the 1A at driving multi driver - to my ears the FiiO FH7 doesn’t sound so good on the M11 but sound sublime on the 1A, the opposite is true of my favourite IEMs (AK T8ie mkII)

Nov 30, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #1,343 of 2,990
Dear FIIO
It's been a while since the launch of the FIIO M11 Ltd
Fiio as a few tries to improve their products by reading forums- awsome
Maybe we will propose improvements that can be included in the new firmware so that such a good DAP would be even better?

1.FIIO can you add to "DAC Mode USB" the ability to listen through wireless headphones too?
2.After charging, the blue LED may go out to indicate that the battery is full?
3. When the M11 is connected to the laptop in DAC Mode USB "can you somehow limit the software e.g. up to 70-80% to extend battery life?
4. ..... what more ...?

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #1,345 of 2,990
Wrong thread, sorry.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2021 at 10:50 AM Post #1,346 of 2,990
Dear FIIO
It's been a while since the launch of the FIIO M11 Ltd
Fiio as a few tries to improve their products by reading forums- awsome
Maybe we will propose improvements that can be included in the new firmware so that such a good DAP would be even better?

1.FIIO can you add to "DAC Mode USB" the ability to listen through wireless headphones too?
3. When the M11 is connected to the laptop in DAC Mode USB "can you somehow limit the software e.g. up to 70-80% to extend battery life?
4. ..... what more ...?
1) A niche request, took me a while to understand it, but yes, I concur.
2) I’d say the opposite, maybe breathing whilst charging and solid when charged, light off could mean your charge got disconnected as much as it could mean your player is switched off.
3) sorry, I don’t understand this one - do you mean to limit cpu usage?
4) please use standard Bluetooth connection protocol, not the one needing numbers, it’s far less user friendly / functional than the setup in the companies Q5.

Dec 1, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #1,347 of 2,990
simpler - in this mode you cannot use wireless headphones.
This is probably the biggest inconvenience . I would like to be able to choose wireless or wired headphones in DAC Mode USB . Fiio Please 🙏

simpler- how do you think it does not matter to me - any form or information that the loading is over and I can disconnect it (when I load it in the off mode)
simpler- I mean that it is not healthy for the battery that in DAC-Mode- USB is 100% charged all the time, I just use it often in this mode. When I turn on the M11 the next day 97-99% and recharge to 100 % and so on for hours.
4. ..... what more ...?

Dec 2, 2021 at 10:54 PM Post #1,348 of 2,990
1. The Bluetooth output may not be added for USB DAC mode. We added this feature in M6 before, but it lead to the big lag problem in USB DAC mode. Besides, adding this feature may lead to some other software issue, we may not consider about that now.
2. We will report to the engineer for check.
3. We have reported to the engineer for assessing about that feature in M11 Plus LTD.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 3, 2021 at 4:19 AM Post #1,349 of 2,990
1. The Bluetooth output may not be added for USB DAC mode. We added this feature in M6 before, but it lead to the big lag problem in USB DAC mode. Besides, adding this feature may lead to some other software issue, we may not consider about that now.
2. We will report to the engineer for check.
3. We have reported to the engineer for assessing about that feature in M11 Plus LTD.

Best regards
It's excellent that @FiiO are active on this forum. I'm really enjoying the M11 Pro, although thinking about upgrading to the M11 Plus just to have the (almost) latest. One thing that would make these perfect for me would be a global equalizer - so, for example, I would be able to use any streaming app but still be able to use an equalizer. Having this baked into the device would be much nicer than having to rely on 3rd party apps. Any chance you could add this to your roadmap?

Dec 3, 2021 at 4:25 AM Post #1,350 of 2,990
It's excellent that @FiiO are active on this forum. I'm really enjoying the M11 Pro, although thinking about upgrading to the M11 Plus just to have the (almost) latest. One thing that would make these perfect for me would be a global equalizer - so, for example, I would be able to use any streaming app but still be able to use an equalizer. Having this baked into the device would be much nicer than having to rely on 3rd party apps. Any chance you could add this to your roadmap?
@FiiO Yes, a system wide EQ will be very useful and popular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back