Fiio M11 Plus ESS - Driveability??
Oct 23, 2022 at 1:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

muzikT

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone, I am upgrading from a first gen X5, to the new M11 Plus ESS. I own a pair of Sennheiser Hd 650s which I will also be purchasing a balanced cable upgrade for, with the 4.4 connector. I've seen mixed reviews on power output, and I'm just wondering if the player will have enough power to drive my headphones through the balanced output, and sound good. Thoughts? Experiences? Please advise! Thanks in advance!

Nov 7, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #3 of 5
I've driven 64A Nios, AKG K712s and EMU Drop Teak Cans from M11 Plus ESS - no complaints about output or dynamics here.

Dec 12, 2023 at 9:55 AM Post #4 of 5
Hey everyone, I am upgrading from a first gen X5, to the new M11 Plus ESS. I own a pair of Sennheiser Hd 650s which I will also be purchasing a balanced cable upgrade for, with the 4.4 connector. I've seen mixed reviews on power output, and I'm just wondering if the player will have enough power to drive my headphones through the balanced output, and sound good. Thoughts? Experiences? Please advise! Thanks in advanc
Any amp can drive the headphones. question is how much headroom you have in the watt departments etc. most headphones max out at about 500 watts, so 800+watts will be much better than 600+watts the more watts the better is the ideas i think with Audiophiles etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back