Fiio KA17 vs Questyle M15i
Apr 1, 2024 at 2:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

AleksanderWWA89

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

I'm thinking about adding a dongle DAC/amp to my current audio setup which includes the Fiio K9 Pro ESS, Dan Clark Noire 2, and Hifiman Sundara. After doing some research, I've narrowed down my options to the Fiio KA17 and the Questyle M15i. However, I'm having a hard time justifying the almost double price tag of the Questyle M15i over the Fiio KA17. Can someone help me understand if I'm missing something?

Thank you.

Apr 16, 2024 at 2:21 PM Post #2 of 2
Yeah im in the same boat as you and have been researching the hell out of it.

It seems the Fiio has a more powerful amplifier and different reconstruction filters to choose from. And its a good bit cheaper.

However it seems to be more of a battery drainer than the M15i. And some have said it is tuned to be warm compared to the reference sounding M15i.

Personally im going for the M15i. The lack of a display screen and a supposedly more "neutral" tuning is more up my alley despite the added cost. Especially when effect on battery life is concerned. The M15i advertisement also states higher driving power when compared to last gen M15. I only use low to mid impedance iems like the RE2000 Silver (60Ω)so I should be okay.

Im upgrading from my LG V60s own internal DAC.

I've tried neither yet though so anyone with opinions please chime in!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back