Fiio E17 or E18?
Jun 20, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #16 of 28
I've had my E17 for about a year now and I refuse to listen to music without it. 

Does the e18 have EQ? if not then it's a no contest, E17 all the way. Although the samsung galaxy has a pretty damn good EQ. soooooo????????

I have Keff in ear and over ear headphones. they are a bit much on the high end for my taste so it's nice to give them a base boost. The in ear has a slightly different sound so I like having the choice. My E17 is falling apart so I am now in the market for a new mobile DAC.

My main listening source is my ipod classic with a LOD cable. 

Does the Fiio even have a competitor at this price range? Seems like no one else has a viable option under $150. 

Oct 17, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #17 of 28
I love my E17. I debated myself upgrading to the newer E18 but since money is tight I'm happy with my current setup. Thought I blew an ear drum yesterday listening to music way to loud.

Current setup: Fiio E17, IPod Touch 4th Gen. 64GB, Fiio L9 cable, Sennheiser HD8 DJ Headphones.

Nov 8, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #18 of 28
I've not heard the e17, I am very happy with the e18 though. Sounds great as a DAC/amp, even better as an amp for my ODAC. I don't use IEM's though so I can't account to it's silence with sensitive IEMS, though paired with the SoundMAGIC HP100's (32ohm cans) it's magical, and paired with the V-Moda M80's (18ohm) it works noticeably better than on the Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5100, with a pitch black background.

Am considering getting the e17 for my father as I can get it for 75 Euros. What do y'all think? Good price for a 2nd hand Alpen?

Jan 15, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #20 of 28
its weird, I prefer the sound out of the e18 than the e17.  I have no use for an eq, but I could totally use the e18 to charge my OnePlus.

Mar 11, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #24 of 28
its weird, I prefer the sound out of the e18 than the e17.  I have no use for an eq, but I could totally use the e18 to charge my OnePlus.

Thanks. Since I'm going with the exact same setup (OPO and soon E18) I guess I'm good.
I'm using the Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO and the LZ-A2 on the go.
:grinning:

Apr 8, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #25 of 28
What DAC/AMP would work best for listening to music on my iPhone with my most worn headphones are BeatsSolo2's?

Also I listen to them when I play sports and ride snowmobiles,4 wheelers etc. so I really like the ones that rubberband around your phone

May 9, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #26 of 28
I am in the same boat. I have beats studios and beats tour. I need something that will work with my iPhone 5s because that's where I listen to my music

Users who are viewing this thread

Back