Fiio E09K and E17 "USB Device Not Recognized"
Apr 20, 2014 at 8:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

StevenF19

New Head-Fier
I bought the Fiio E09K and E17 combo to drive my new Beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium 600ohms the other day and have been having nothing but problems with them. I have the E09K connected via USB to my computer with the E17 docked in it. Everytime I turn the E09K on I get a "USB Device Not Recognized" error message in Windows 7. To fix this issue, I have to reseat the E17 in the E09K or unplug and replug the E09K into my computer several times before it starts working. I also get random disconnects when it is working. I've tried using a new USB cable and switching USB ports. Does anyone have a solution to this fix? I'd rather not have to send them back since I need to study for my upcoming finals and need music to stay focused. Thanks.

Apr 27, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #3 of 3
I just recently got these too. I'm having the same issue as you. Everything will be fine and then suddenly sound stops. Sometimes wiggling the E17 in the dock gets it working, btw the dock is a horrible fit for the e17, really bad design physically. Shouldn't be able to wiggle it out of place like that.

Along with music will be playing with Foobar2000 and then suddenly stop and while it looks like everything is plugged in still to the computer no sound is playing...

I have a feeling the issue with this is that docking port they are using. If i keep having these issues I'm going to try to connect the E17 directly to the PC via usb and see how that works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back