Fiiio X1 not recognizing music
Apr 6, 2015 at 4:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

asilker

Head-Fier
My X1 is having trouble recognizing the songs I've loaded to the micro SD card. So first things first: It's running the 1.3 firmware. The card is a Samsung 128g, class 10, 48mb/s card. It's correctly formatted as fat32. I've used foobar2000 to transfer 49.9g of lossless music to the card in the structure artist/year-album/track-title. The transfer went great and I can see from the X1 that the card still has 75g free. 

The problem is that the device only recognizes the first 138 songs. They are the first 138 from artist's name (so those that begin with B's). I can navigate through to see artist folders but when I click to view albums the device freezes and I have to reset.

How can I get the device to recognize my music? I've read that the 1.3 firmware supports exfat, so should I try that?

I've deleted and retransferred the files already and it takes all day so I'd prefer not to do all that again...

Apr 6, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #2 of 10
This sounds like an issue caused by fake micro SD cards. If you bought your 128GB card at a really low price (compared to the regular retail price), it's most likely fake. Fake cards will look like the real thing, it'll appear as a 128GB card on your computer, but they will really just be a small (1GB-8GB) card. Which is why a small amount of your music is accessible. 

You can use this program, h2testw, to test your card. It'll write data to your card, then verify it (this is the step where you'll see if it's fake or not).

Apr 7, 2015 at 1:22 AM Post #6 of 10
Sounds like a fake card for sure.
You can't tell by looking as they're created by staff in official factories "zombie shifting"
They even read as being full size.
The program listed above should confirm it. Because of this I don't buy cards from ebay any more.

Apr 7, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #7 of 10
Yeah it didn't read any of the written material back. I filed a polite but very thorough return request through ebay including pictures. Hopefully things will come through and I'll be able to get rid of this darned thing. Usually ebay is pretty supportive of the buyer though so I'm not terribly worried. And worst case, it really was not that much money so I suppose I could absorb the cost.

In the meantime, I'll be scouting Amazon for some deals. It looks like the 64g go for way cheaper than the 128g. Does anyone have a hookup on a REALIABLE
wink_face.gif
 inexpensive 128g card? I think I may try my luck one more time and buy one through ebay at the median price through a well-rated US seller.

Apr 7, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #8 of 10
*I just purchased a card on eBay from a US seller with over 200 positive reviews, most of them regarding the same micro sd I was looking at.

I do like ebay. I like to think of myself as a pretty dangerous fella.

Apr 9, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #9 of 10
Update: I got a full refund for the card. The seller has not confirmed the return address so it looks like I'm keeping this goofy little thing. Is there a way I can reconfigure it so that it shows the correct memory capacity and doesn't write into oblivion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back