lambda.gif
lambda.gif
lambda.gif

LOL, it's ghettotastic!
biggrin.gif

Where's the duct tape?

-Ed

Mar 21, 2005 at 4:30 PM Post #62 of 73
Hai, where can I find more info like sample photos of all the connectors? I am kinda confused with the term Stereo 1/4" , Stereo RCA, Stereo Mini, Stereo 1/4" female and so forth. Thanks

Mar 21, 2005 at 4:49 PM Post #63 of 73
cinch/rca male:
CSGM6SW.jpg

(you'd need two for stereo)

cinch/rca female:
CKGM6SW.jpg

3,5mm = 1/8" stereo female:
KKKGM63.jpg

3,5mm = 1/8" stereo male/plug:
AVK119.jpg

(there are two of them on the pic... don't mind)

6,3mm = 1/4" mono to rca/cinch converter
NTA175.jpg

(you'd need two of them to connect your amp using the stock breakout and standard ics - to my ears the fidaudio 0404 breakout ic is superior and doesn't need additional adapters)

enough?

Mar 22, 2005 at 2:34 AM Post #64 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrokenEnglish
cinch/rca male:
CSGM6SW.jpg

cinch/rca female:
CKGM6SW.jpg

3,5mm = 1/8" stereo female:
KKKGM63.jpg

3,5mm = 1/8" stereo male/plug:
AVK119.jpg

(there are two of them on the pic... don't mind)

6,3mm = 1/4" mono to rca/cinch converter
NTA175.jpg

(you'd need two of them to connect your amp using the stock breakout and standard ics - to my ears the fidaudio 0404 breakout ic is superior and doesn't need additional adapters)

enough?

Thank you so very much. Appreciate your time and effort. Thank you.
biggrin.gif
lambda.gif

S1

May 30, 2005 at 5:23 AM Post #70 of 73
Finally got my Fid-Audio cables a few weeks ago. Great work..now the sound.
Maybe it's me but it sounds more muted with less resolution. I was told there is a break in period. OK I can wait.
I am using a HD580 with a Mister X pimeta and a Modded 0404. I upgraded to HD 595 cables. Everything sounds like a nice bottle of red wine, I was hoping for a shot of Tequila now and then.

Anybody have an opinion?

May 30, 2005 at 5:32 AM Post #71 of 73
Finally got my Fid-Audio cables a few weeks ago. Great work..now the sound.
Maybe it's me but it sounds more muted with less resolution. I was told there is a break in period. OK I can wait.
I am using a HD580 with a Mister X pimeta and a Modded 0404. I upgraded to HD 595 cables. Everything sounds like a nice bottle of red wine, I was hoping for a shot of Tequila now and then.

Anybody have an opinion?

Jun 1, 2005 at 8:53 PM Post #72 of 73
maybe you need a bit of time. using radio shack adapters, original breakout cable, and audioquest diamondbacks, it sounded like cotton. switching to starquad 1/4 to rca helped clean things up, but it still sounded a bit too slow/warm/goopy. the fid-audio breakout terminating in RCA is like - hmm, how to put it - it's like they aren't there. totally out of the way and transparent. i don't think of ICs at all anymore, it's like my brain knows that this is one part of my rig that i don't have to fuss with anymore. that's a serious relief, considering the ton of ICs out there. Plus, my breakout had a mini analog input as well, so i can crunch some guitar work or hook up my vinyl!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back