Feb. 5th Pittsburgh Mini-Meet
Feb 7, 2005 at 11:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

tkam

Headphoneus Supremus
Gsferrari and kikkoman came over to my place for a mini-meet this past Saturday. I actually didn't listen to anything and just ended up chatting with the guys for most of the time. Kikkoman did the most listening and gs got in some listening as well. It was great seeing you guys again hopefully we'll be able to get a bigger Pittsburgh meet together sometime in the spring or summer.

Feb 7, 2005 at 11:38 PM Post #2 of 10
I heard the CD3K1000 frankenphone and liked it a lot. More bass slam than the k1000 with the K1000s famed mids and highs...excellent soundstage. Driven rather easily by a solid state headphone amp (not a power amp)

I spent more time talking as well...my jaws were hurting when I got back home
tongue.gif

Feb 7, 2005 at 11:44 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
I heard the CD3K1000 frankenphone and liked it a lot. More bass slam than the k1000 with the K1000s famed mids and highs...excellent soundstage. Driven rather easily by a solid state headphone amp (not a power amp)

I spent more time talking as well...my jaws were hurting when I got back home
tongue.gif

I completely forgot to listen to your MS-2's oh well theres always another meet
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 8, 2005 at 8:35 PM Post #4 of 10
Sounds like you guys had a fun time, even though a lot of listening didn't go on. Hopefully this summer we can get together again sporting some shorts and new gear for a third round
cool.gif

Feb 12, 2005 at 4:50 PM Post #5 of 10
Sorry guys I couldn't make the meet, but I'm way behind on some commissions that I have to finish and that is my #1 priority right now (I have to make some money so I can buy more headphone gear!).
smily_headphones1.gif
Spring or Summer will be much better for me, and I'll more than likely be bringing some new "toys" with me this time.
wink.gif

Feb 12, 2005 at 5:02 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by tkam
I completely forgot to listen to your MS-2's oh well theres always another meet
smily_headphones1.gif

I sold them so you are out of luck
smily_headphones1.gif
But with the PS1s in hand you shouldnt have anything to cry over
tongue.gif

Mar 27, 2005 at 7:07 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by andrzejpw
I might be up for another pittsburgh meet this summer when I'm back home from school.

I'm game for this too. You guys have to hear my Millet, I'm still all giddy about it
biggrin.gif
Also, I might be in tne market for a nicer tube amp or some different cans, so you can have fun pressuring me into buying something way out of my budget range
rolleyes.gif

Apr 2, 2005 at 8:40 PM Post #10 of 10
Thaddy, I'd drive to Pitt to listen to your millet. And tkam I'd like to a/b my hp3000s with bubinga/purple heart and blackmax cable with yours with maple and silver cable. I'd also like to try your k3000s. Lets just say I'd be there.
lambda.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back