Fake or real Urbeats?
Sep 13, 2016 at 10:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Tigerbolt

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

I bought these Urbeats from the Dutch Groupon and I was wondering if you guys could help and tell me if they are fake or real since I've been trying to figure it out. :)

Sep 13, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #4 of 13
Those actually look like the old urbeats that came with an gtx phone, can't remember which one though. Wait a bit before returning them. I may have an answer for you soon. In the meantime, more pictures of the plug and such would be helpful.

Sep 13, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #5 of 13
A few pics that might help you out:
Real urbeats

Real vs fake comparison. Not too much about the htc urbeats, I suppose there aren't as many Fakes for those. They are many years old, so I could see why they would be cheap.
Edit: an article explaining how the old urbeats are so cheap:
http://www.bradsdeals.com/blog/these-39-beats-by-dre-monster-urbeats-are-the-real-thing-heres-why-theyre-so-unbelievably-cheap

Sep 14, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #6 of 13
Hey PL4Y3R 0N3,

I took some more pictures, the angels of the photo's you posted :) That's great to hear there aren't as many fakes of this version! From the photo's you posted, they look like the real one but I'm not 100% sure so I would love your opinion :D I really appreciate you taking the time to help!

Sep 14, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #7 of 13
It's actually surprisingly hard to find info on the HTC urbeats, but I may have found a few more pictures that could help you. I'm posting from my laptop this time so that maybe you will be able to see them (sorry about last time). 

Pretty self explanatory here. As you can see on the picture the real tag and the fake tag has some differences. Try comparing your tag to the real one.

Small ring just before the 3.5mm at the end of the plug. Another thing to check. AFAIK the one on the left is real. It seems there are some fakes out there, but the very fact that there aren't many articles on how to spot them is very promising. If i were you I'd give them a listen and keep them if you like them. Really early Beats (such as these) arent the best, but for the price you most likely got it at they are probably very good. I remember hearing these once many years ago and liking them, but that was far before I got into HiFi. 
From what I can see on your pictures it seems that you do in fact have yourself a genuine pair of HTC urbeats!

Sep 15, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #8 of 13
Your right, it is very difficult to find information about the HTC Urbeats, I can't find any information about them. Hmm I am a bit confused about my urbeats because it looks like it has qualities from the real and fake pictures? On the second picture you posted, it looks like my headphones do have the correct ring part. But on the tag part, it has both qualities. I'm worried since the line under the trash can on my photo isn't tilted like in the real one and it resembles the straight line of the fake. But the trash can with the X and circle resembles the real one I think? I'm not sure, what do you think xD

Sep 15, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #9 of 13
If you look at the photo of the tag the fake one's tag also has a dot in the middle o the wheel, whereas the real one does not. Also the line under the trashcan on the fake is incredibly thick whereas the real one is a bit slimmer. Based on those aspects the tag appears real to me. Like I said, all the pictures seem to indicate you purchased a genuine product. Enjoy!

Sep 15, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #10 of 13
That is wonderful news! Thank you so much for the help :D I'm glad to hear that all the pictures look genuine! Just curious, do you know if these urbeats are the best in earbuds for around 30 to 35 dollars, or are there better ones? :) I just thought to ask since I don't know much about headphone quality.

Sep 15, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #11 of 13
Well, I don't know about best, but basically you are getting earbuds that we're meant to be about $100 for $35. Overall I can't comment on their quality compared to other IEMs not that price range as I really don't know much about IEMs in the $30 price range, but they should sound pretty good for $35. Now older beats had a problem with muddy, overpowering bass, but most people's main complaint was that they were overpriced. Seeings how you got them for so cheap I really can't see where you went wrong.
If you want to know more about headphones or IEMs at any price range though, stick around the forum. This is probably one or the best places on the web to learn about everything there is to know about audio.

Sep 15, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #12 of 13
Oh wow I didn't realize they use to be 100 dollars! That is pretty amazing, especially since I was able to get them for 34 dollars! I haven't tried them yet, but I'm sure they will have pretty great quality and a lot better than other earbuds around 30 to 35 dollars. Thanks so much :D I have been keeping a eye on this fourm to learn more and see other people's opinions! It's great everyone is so helpful on these fourms :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back