Failing Customer Service
Jun 21, 2010 at 6:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

maniac2003

500+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

Some time after becoming a Head-fi enthusiast I decided to buy the RE0. I got the V2 (Cloth cable, straight plug).
I was happy with it's detailed sound. The only thing that annoyed me were the microphonics.
So after the V3 (PPE cable, L-plug) came out I decided to mail the Head-direct customer service, with the question if it was possible to exchange the V2 for a V3 RE0. As the V3 had lesser microphonics.
The answer was positive and after some e-mails I'd send my RE0 to China for exchange.
After a couple of weeks I got a package from head-direct with.... yes a RE0 with cloth cable and L-plug.
So I e-mailed back that this wasn't what I intended, also the replacement RE0 was scratched and in a much worse shape than the ones I send to them.
After some e-mailing I send the RE0 replacement back with a note that I want it to be replaced by a RE0 with PPE cable in other words the 3rd version. The replacement was agreed and acknowledged by the Customer Service (Ms. T.) and the President from what I read in their e-mail.
Today I got a new package, so I was hoping for my V3. Again disappointment, a similar V2 I earlier send back. Only this has no scratching but... here it comes, it's defective! No sound out of the left earpiece.
I couldn't believe my ears.

So now I'm 3 months without my RE0 or the one that I was promised. I spend a load of money for the original earphone and sending the earphone back twice. The only thing I've got is a defective unit, great deal isn't it?

I read that customer service was good before I ordered, that was one of the things that made me decide to go for the RE0. Certainly I regret that now.
My e-mails are answered fine by Ms. T. but I don't think customer service will solve my issue. That's why I decided to start this thread.

Please Head-direct, make this right and give me what was promised. A RE0 with PPE cable and L-shap plug( V3 ).

Best regards,

Richard

Jun 21, 2010 at 10:07 AM Post #2 of 3
u r asking too much~ it cost them too to mail the earphone back to you.... i bet they mail you back free of charge?

u mailed back a perfectly fine earphone in "used" condition.... you cant expect brand new one in return~

i do how ever hope they solve your problem because now it is warranty issue not because you wish for it in previous two exchange.

i wish Microsoft would swap my old xbox 360 arcade with the new slim black xbox 360 !! because i want the kinect function and built-in 250GB HDD~ even though my old one is perfectly fine.... oh, they better mail me back brand new one instead of used or refurbish one..... also it cost too much to mail them back so they better do it free of charge, i m sure billion dollars company like Microsoft must be able to do it since they loaded

Jun 21, 2010 at 2:58 PM Post #3 of 3
I know that what I asked was not normal warranty. Also I didn;t expect to get a new one, but I also didn't expect to get the same version with more damage.Then I could have just as easily kept my own RE0.
That's why I e-mailed them first with the question.
To make it more clear, some e-mails:
First mail:

Quote:
Dear Head-Direct,

July last year (2009) I bought a RE0 after the great reviews on Head-fi. I'm using the RE0 for a while now and it's great. The only thing that I really hate is the microphonics of the cloth version I have.
Although I use the shirt clip the microphonics just annoys me.
I heard that the new PPE type RE0 have far lesser microphonics, so a question came up in me. Is it possible to replace the cloth version with the new PPE version of the RE0?

Best regards,

Then a couple of mails followed about Paypal transactions page
And I mailed

Quote:
So a replacement is also possible for non-defective earphones?

answer

Quote:
Hello Richard,

No a replacement is not also possible for non-defective earphones, a replacement can be an upgrade or a direct change from the series. but your situation is special, the reason we honored a replacement for you. I suggest you select the nearest carrier closest to you.

After that I got the v2 (cloth cable L-shape plug)
So I started mailing again. Could be that we misunderstood each other. Later on I got this mail:

Quote:
Hello Richard,

As per instructions from our President, he has requested you send your REO back to us for a replacement with the appropriate cord you requested.  Please write a note which cord you prefer.

And so I did. I send the RE0 back with a note that I'd want the new PPE cable.

The question in the first mail was very clear I think. I thought: "just try and see"
If head-direct did not agree I could have understand that, but they agreed to the exchange themselves.

EDIT:

Re-send the package to them. Again we are going to try to exchange them for the right ones. Also they offered me a FiiO E3 as a gift.
So we will wait and see.
To be continued....

EDIT 2:

So a new squashed package arrived today. But this time with the right RE0 version. To bad my gift was not included, but I'm glad I can finally listen to my RE0 again.

So this is solved, but there is much room for improvement at the customer service part. I hope we all learn from this, I centainly did.

EDIT 3:
Gift is on it's way :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back