External PCDP power supply?
Oct 15, 2001 at 3:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

FrostyMMB

500+ Head-Fier
Can someone suggest a portable external power supply that'll plug into the DC jack of a portable cd player for some extra battery life on long trips? I'm asking because I use a D777 and can't recharge the gumsticks on long road trips and such since the external battery pack blocks the line-out, which I'd prefer to use with my amp rather than the headphone jack. I'm not asking for a car adapter, but more like an external battery pack that recharges or just holds alkalines. Is there an easy DIY solution for a me, a non DIYer, or is there a good product that I can use right off the shelf?

Oct 15, 2001 at 4:45 AM Post #2 of 10
Check here . If you are handy with DIY at all, you could make one of these with parts from RadioShack for about $10.

edit - to be fair to the guys at Headroom, a DIY would probably not look and feel as nice.

Oct 15, 2001 at 4:55 AM Post #3 of 10
You can also buy a 6-volt lead-acid battery, a "gel cell", attach a Radio Shack tip to it, and use it to power your CDP. I don't know if it's the super-consistent voltage, or the 6-volt supply, but my Panasonic SL-SX510 benefited immensely from a gel cell.

Oct 16, 2001 at 3:44 PM Post #5 of 10
Yep, here's another vote for Innergy's CD Power Plant. It's SLA, not NiCad or NiMH... and this is the main reason it's worth $30. You'll actually get your charges outta it.

Although, I think this link will help ya more than Onix's...
smily_headphones1.gif

http://www.pwrplant.com/batt/cd.html

Oct 16, 2001 at 9:17 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by Apheared
Although, I think this link will help ya more than Onix's...
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks Apheared. I wasn't sure about that missing "o".

Oct 17, 2001 at 9:49 PM Post #8 of 10
So does this battery work with the D-777? It says it works with most AA operated cdps but the D-777 is mostly on gumsticks and an external AA pack.

Oct 18, 2001 at 7:31 AM Post #9 of 10
Sorry, dropped the ball... yea it'll work with the 777, it connects where the AC adapter does... and then the battery itself has a jack that you'd plug the CDPs wall wart into to charge it. You never have to disconnect the battery, it's slick.

Onix, yea and the "e" too... I guess we could joke about Innergy dropping E, but with such a witty name we'll leave em alone.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back