Ever heard of Cosy?
Dec 17, 2008 at 6:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

thespacepope

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, newbie here.
I'm living in Korea right now and I lost sound in my Sony earbuds.
I bought a cheap pair of Cosy's for about 7 bucks and they are the absolute worst pair of headphones I ever bought.
So that's why I'm here I suppose.

Dec 17, 2008 at 11:27 AM Post #4 of 9
Are you looking at cans or IEMs? Or :gasp: flat out earbuds?

Dec 17, 2008 at 9:31 PM Post #5 of 9
Cans. I thought I was an IEM guy, but then I hooked up some cheap full-sized Sony's to my laptop to listen to music and shows. I definitely prefer the sound from cans.
Although I do like the fact that IEMs provide higher volume at lower settings.

Dec 17, 2008 at 11:52 PM Post #6 of 9
strangely sounds from laptop/computer u will love cans compared to IEMs.

for portable player use IEMs. Although cans still can sound very good. Just lower volume most of the time.

Dec 19, 2008 at 12:31 AM Post #8 of 9
Most IEMs have very high sensativity and low impedance so are easily powered. But i do use my Fullsize Cans for portable use and still very good.

Dec 19, 2008 at 7:43 AM Post #9 of 9
My brother once bought me a pair of px-100. I thought the sound was okay, but I was used to having a louder response from lower volume settings. Of course, it was the first time I ever had portable music. I left the pair back in the states. I'm heading back for Christmas. I think I'll retrieve them and try them again.
Used to be that loudness was the only criteria. That was until I listened to some 128s versus 320s. For some songs I couldn't tell the difference, The Blueprint for example. But for other songs, I could definitely tell.

This is a much better vice than smoking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back