ER4 ==> Green Mesh to the Bottom!
Dec 24, 2008 at 12:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

undo

100+ Head-Fier
While changing the filters, the right side's green acoustic mesh went to the bottom of the canal. I could remove the metal barrel, yet the green mesh was buried, now I can't even see it (in fact, with a pocket lamp and a careful look, I can see a little green particle).

Well, from now on, in order to remove it I think I must gain some microsurgery skills. With every attempt, it's going deeper.

Question: Should I sent them to Etymotic Research as the most reasonable way of getting rid of it (I'm a non-US user). Or, any other recommendations, please?

Thanks.

0060100000_382.jpg

Dec 24, 2008 at 2:09 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by LWLew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about modifying a small strong vacuum or plastic syringe with a narrow tip to suck it out?

this is a fairly good solution however due to the clearly extreme tightness of the situation a suction device would need to be very strong to squeeze the debris out.

but then again using vacuums is not the number 1 solution to cleaning technical components as this can have implications on the tech such as creating static electricity to build up and so on. so in theory compressed air is used more widely to clean a laptop for instance. so you may want to keep this in mind before vaccing your earphones ( this is just what i have read tho and i dont imagine using a vacuum will do any real harm, but just keep it in mind and look it up before springing for the vacuum.)

Dec 24, 2008 at 4:33 PM Post #4 of 7
Can you insert two thin pins and grab the mesh chopstick-style?

Dec 24, 2008 at 4:39 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldschool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you insert two thin pins and grab the mesh chopstick-style?

is it wise to advise sticking pins into your earphone tube
wink_face.gif
i see a disaster in his near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back