Equivalent alternative to the Final Audio A8000?
Dec 16, 2022 at 8:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

phiemon

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello,

I would like to know if there are equivalent alternatives to the Final Audio A8000. What I may be missing from the Final Audio A8000 is a bit of warmth. On the other hand, I really like the openness, energy and clarity of the sound. I also really like the imaging and somewhat "spherical" soundstage as well as the vocals in the foreground. I would say that I like a U-shape signature.

About the IEMs tried:
- Campfire Audio Andromeda: too warm.
- Campfire Audio Ara: nothing special for me.
- Campfire Audio Solaris 2020: really good in itself, maybe the sound is not "open" enough.
- Sennheiser IE900: technically I also liked very much, deal-breaker for me is the too bidimensional soundstage.
- Sennheiser IE600: technically just not good enough…
- Beyerdynamic Xelento 2: much, much too bassy.
- U12: very boring.

Can anyone recommend something to me?

Thanks!

Dec 23, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #3 of 6
You should try one of the obravo AMTs is Eamt1/2c or clio. They are a tad warmer but equally impressive, re Campire they are good, but none of the BAs neither Solaris have the resolution of A8000 or the obravos. The miss microstructure. An other one which you might want to heas is CA supermoon, I tested and for me its better than the otehr CAs above

Dec 24, 2022 at 2:14 AM Post #4 of 6
Thank you all for the recommendations.

In the meantime, I returned the A8000 because it was actually too bright for me, so it was kind of uncomfortable to listen to. It felt at some point like the sound was fading, does that make sense? Are you saying that I am (too) treble sensitive?

I then tested the Campfire Supermoon, and I like it much, much better (especially better soundstage and resolution). It's not as warm to me as perhaps Campfire's graphics suggest. It was not uncomfortable for a moment.

Mar 21, 2024 at 12:19 PM Post #5 of 6
Thank you all for the recommendations.

In the meantime, I returned the A8000 because it was actually too bright for me, so it was kind of uncomfortable to listen to. It felt at some point like the sound was fading, does that make sense? Are you saying that I am (too) treble sensitive?

I then tested the Campfire Supermoon, and I like it much, much better (especially better soundstage and resolution). It's not as warm to me as perhaps Campfire's graphics suggest. It was not uncomfortable for a moment.

Really, you found the supermoon to have much better resolution than the a8000? That is totally unexpected for me. I think i will pick up the supermoon now and try it out as well. I wanted to try the a8000 for its speedy transients and detailed sound, but I'm afraid of the brightness too.

Mar 21, 2024 at 2:38 PM Post #6 of 6
Really, you found the supermoon to have much better resolution than the a8000? That is totally unexpected for me. I think i will pick up the supermoon now and try it out as well. I wanted to try the a8000 for its speedy transients and detailed sound, but I'm afraid of the brightness too.
Already answered in the other forum.

The A8000 was far too bright for me, I felt treble fatique for the first time in my life - a very, very unpleasant feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back