Entry Level Speaker Setup
Jul 9, 2001 at 12:38 AM Post #31 of 33
No crossover , no eq , just a single driver in a box.The angle of the reflector in the port "tunes" the speaker as does internal damping

the purity of that really gets me jacked , my preamp is a single mosfet , my amp is a single mosfet , my headphone amp is a single mosfet ,and of course my headphones have a single driver

BTW-read the entire article and V2 was made frome solid pine which was only cut to length and then nailed together, the excess wood from the angled section is then just cut away and then planed for a smotth surface.The reflector was then wedged in tightly and not nailed or screwed to allow for room "tuning"

SO SIMPLE !

and easily changed to accomodate other 8" full range drivers

This is on my must do list

Jul 19, 2001 at 6:24 PM Post #32 of 33
you know, I wa going to reccomend voigt pipespeakers, but you guys already beat me to it!
smily_headphones1.gif
You know what's even easier to build that the triangular one is the folded voigt, like this:
spkr_sw_t.jpg

Here are some plans, obviously these would change depending on the size of the driver:
11_6gh.gif

here's one more picture, for no reason (I'm ticked, I couldn't find this one site with some great pictures of the cabinet in construction. Guess I'll have to make do with these):
TQWP.jpg

Personally, if I ever make on of these, I'm going to use Jordan JX92S drivers. They're pretty spendy, but they have an amazing range and a suprisingly flat response. Wouldn't be too hard to get them to work quite nicely with a voigt pipe.

dammit! I can never find the really good stuff a second time. rick, I found this one website where it showed you how to get a flat frequency reponse (+/-2dB) with a radioshack driver from 40hz to (I think) 18khz, but I can't find it now. I'll keep looking though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back