EMU 1212m and Guitar Center?
Jul 11, 2004 at 6:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

NPoet

100+ Head-Fier
so is it just a bartering system basically to get the price down, sorry, jus tnot used to stores using barter systems...

I mean, cancun and cars ok, but I just found a guitar center about 3 miles from me so I might as well give it a shot if that is all it comes down to

Jul 11, 2004 at 6:26 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by NPoet
so is it just a bartering system basically to get the price down, sorry, jus tnot used to stores using barter systems...

They don't use a barter system. A barter system doesn't involve money. You can haggle to lower the price though. $165 seems to be the going price after a good haggle.

Jul 11, 2004 at 6:56 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by NPoet

I mean, cancun and cars ok, but I just found a guitar center about 3 miles from me so I might as well give it a shot if that is all it comes down to

It's all about negotiation at Guitar Center, I've gotten the HD280's at $70 (my first purchase there so I paid a little much), M-Audiophile USB $150, E-MU 1212m $165 and Shure E2's for $55.
biggrin.gif

Jul 11, 2004 at 7:47 PM Post #4 of 8
AH, thanks for the lookout carterondrums, excuse me, my brain is dead from studying for my exam tomorrow (damn summer classes)

guess I should go give guitar center a shot and see what I can get then

t/y

Jul 12, 2004 at 4:33 AM Post #6 of 8
icon10.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by james__bean
I just went in there with $170 and said thats all I had. They gave it to me, but it ends up that I had an extra $3 so they took that from me too

Ha, that's hilarious...
think that is how I will approach it
it only fails when you pull out your wallet and you accidently have $250 in there
biggrin.gif

Sep 1, 2004 at 8:30 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
It's all about negotiation at Guitar Center, I've gotten the HD280's at $70 (my first purchase there so I paid a little much), M-Audiophile USB $150, E-MU 1212m $165 and Shure E2's for $55.
biggrin.gif

That's an awsome price for 1212M. Which Guitar Center did you go to? Who should I talk to in order to get this kind of deal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back