Emu 0404 & Audigy 2 how do I switch between the two?
Dec 7, 2004 at 7:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

skullnrose

New Head-Fier
Ok went out and bought the Emu 0404 all I can say is WOW what a difference in sound. I installed it following the posts I read on installing both the EMU and the Audigy,Install went flawless.

My question is How do I select what sound card I am listening to.I can currently hear the EMU wearing headphones i'm using foobar2000 as player.But I noticed when my hand hit my mic I heard a thump threw my speakers which are connected to the audigy. What Gives?
also if it matters i'm running windows 2000.

Maybe I wasn't as clear as I should have been.What i'm asking is if I can hear a song playing on the EMU and decide i want to hear it on the Audigy for comparison sake how would i switch over?

Dec 7, 2004 at 8:47 PM Post #2 of 3
The two soundcards work independently, so if you make a noise with the mic that's connected to the Audigy, it'll come out the Audigy speakers. Either mute the mic monitoring in the Audigy mixer, or just switch off your speakers when you're listening to the 'phones.

Dec 7, 2004 at 8:58 PM Post #3 of 3
I don't have foobar, but in my audio editors, I have to switch between the cards in the software. I also have to confugure the output in the Patchmix software as well. To get sound to the software, you must do a send on the main inserts on the Patchmix mixer.

THis won't help, but have the analog outs on my Santa Cruz card going into the stereo amp, and the 0404 S/PDIF coaxil outs going into the amp. That way I can monitor on the stereo speakers in my studio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back