EMU 0404 and two analog stereo outputs
Jan 7, 2005 at 12:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Alf

100+ Head-Fier
Is there any way to set EMU 0404 to output two independent stereo channels via analog connectors using both in and out sets of sockets?

The goal is to listen to some music while my daughter enjoys her favorite films (PC to TV). I am able to do this with kx drivers and my old sb live. Can I do the same with EMU?

Jan 7, 2005 at 1:21 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf
Is there any way to set EMU 0404 to output two independent stereo channels via analog connectors using both in and out sets of sockets?

The goal is to listen to some music while my daughter enjoys her favorite films (PC to TV). I am able to do this with kx drivers and my old sb live. Can I do the same with EMU?

While I wouldn't think you could output audio on the input analog channels, you coud output one stereo stream over the analog outs, and another over the digital outs.

For instance, you could have a send to the analog outs on an ASIO strip for your music, and have a send on a WAVE strip to one of the digital outs for her movies.

Of course, unless you have a way to convert the digital signal once you get to the TV, I think you're kinda stuck.

Jan 7, 2005 at 3:09 AM Post #3 of 4
Why don't you just keep the SB live as output for yout PC->TV?

Jan 8, 2005 at 12:29 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by llmobll
Why don't you just keep the SB live as output for yout PC->TV?

I wanted to free one PCI port. I guess I have to keep the old card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back