Emission Labs Tubes
Feb 3, 2021 at 10:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Bigsecret

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone had any luck contacting the EML directly without having to deal with JAC Music? I ask because I was told I needed to go through him for a warranty issue and have found no other means of contacting them. After brief contact with Jac in September (2020) I was told a replacement tube needed to be manufactured and have heard nothing since despite numerous attempts at email.

Apr 30, 2021 at 10:42 PM Post #2 of 13
Following and want to give this a bump. I bought EML 300B 2.5 on this forum and the seller said it's registered with 5 year warranty. Good luck to your case!

May 1, 2021 at 3:44 PM Post #3 of 13
I sent a pair of my 300B 2.5 back to Jac about 3 weeks ago. After a two week silence I nudged. He offered to trade mine for 2A3s as mine are solid plate which are no longer made. Since I already have a quad of 2A3s that wasn't an option. I offered to send my other pair back and he could send me a quad of 300B 2.5 Mesh He declined that offer and will build me a replacement solid plate. He stated that it would take a long time. We will see if it actually happens.

Last edited:
May 2, 2021 at 6:53 AM Post #4 of 13
Good luck with communications.
I sent a defective pair of 300b 2.5v EML tubes back to him (at my own cost) and had radio silence for over a month. He just replied with a one liner, essentially telling me to wait my turn for him to get to inspecting my tubes.

May 2, 2021 at 8:35 AM Post #5 of 13
To me it feels like the entirety of the Wa33 thread had to send im their EMLs with ridiculous wait times.

Totally unnacceptable for me.

Also something that keeps me from getting a Wa33.

Did somebody try E.A.T 300Bs yet?

May 4, 2021 at 4:13 PM Post #6 of 13
Good luck with communications.
I sent a defective pair of 300b 2.5v EML tubes back to him (at my own cost) and had radio silence for over a month. He just replied with a one liner, essentially telling me to wait my turn for him to get to inspecting my tubes.
I sent a pair of my 300B 2.5 back to Jac about 3 weeks ago. After a two week silence I nudged. He offered to trade mine for 2A3s as mine are solid plate which are no longer made. Since I already have a quad of 2A3s that wasn't an option. I offered to send my other pair back and he could send me a quad of 300B 2.5 Mesh He declined that offer and will build me a replacement solid plate. He stated that it would take a long time. We will see if it actually happens.
Well, I've been waiting since September of last year without any communication whatsoever (not that I haven't tried). So, I wonder what "a long time" is to Jac. Maybe he plans on waiting out the warranty period and then claiming its out of warranty. I've never felt so angry and screwed by a manufacturer of a high end product. $700 for a pair of tubes with a 5 year warranty that is worthless. I wonder if the folks at the EML factory know how their reputation is being tarnished.

May 4, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #7 of 13
One would think that they know. Since Jac is part owner of EML they don't have the authority to do anything else except follow his lead.

Nov 23, 2022 at 1:27 PM Post #8 of 13
Hi guys
Another pissed customer from EML.

I've got a defective EML 300B XLS and factory (Jac) denied the warranty claiming that my amp had a lower that recommended heater voltage ("3%" lower than the minimum recommended).

Every valve amp designer and valve distributor have told me that this lower voltage won't hurt the tubes at all and, as a proof, I have a pair of Shuguangs 300B WE Replica that have been working flawlessly since four years ago.

I bought EML as they offer a 5 year warranty, but they don't fulfill it claiming any excuse. Even if they were right, wich is not, they could have offered me another tube at a fraction of the cost and could have a satisfied customer on the forums.

Now I have a good working EML 300B XLS tube, with about 10 hs of use on a box, if anyone is willing to buy it with a 50% discount! :ksc75smile:

Nov 23, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #9 of 13
Very disheartening.

Nov 23, 2022 at 2:47 PM Post #10 of 13
Hi guys
Another pissed customer from EML.

I've got a defective EML 300B XLS and factory (Jac) denied the warranty claiming that my amp had a lower that recommended heater voltage ("3%" lower than the minimum recommended).

Every valve amp designer and valve distributor have told me that this lower voltage won't hurt the tubes at all and, as a proof, I have a pair of Shuguangs 300B WE Replica that have been working flawlessly since four years ago.

I bought EML as they offer a 5 year warranty, but they don't fulfill it claiming any excuse. Even if they were right, wich is not, they could have offered me another tube at a fraction of the cost and could have a satisfied customer on the forums.

Now I have a good working EML 300B XLS tube, with about 10 hs of use on a box, if anyone is willing to buy it with a 50% discount! :ksc75smile:
Sorry to hear that, but thank you for speaking up.

EML tubes might sound good, but whenever you have a warranty issue it is lots of trouble.

Quite sad, since they do have innovative ideas for New tube developments, but with that Service I couldnt Support them

Nov 23, 2022 at 2:57 PM Post #11 of 13
EML tubes might sound good, but whenever you have a warranty issue it is lots of trouble.

You are right, they do sound good, great in fact, but with that warranty policy, we should buy somewhere else.

I should have bought Psvane ACMEs 300B. I didnt because the 5 year warranty offered by EML. I bought a pair of Psvane ACMEs 805 and one came broken. The chinese seller changed it inmediately without asking questions, only a photo and the serial number. Exactly the opposite experience with EML. They asked me to measure my amp, photos, emails coming and going, etc, just to find the excuse to deny warranty.

Nov 23, 2022 at 3:31 PM Post #12 of 13
You are right, they do sound good, great in fact, but with that warranty policy, we should buy somewhere else.

I should have bought Psvane ACMEs 300B. I didnt because the 5 year warranty offered by EML. I bought a pair of Psvane ACMEs 805 and one came broken. The chinese seller changed it inmediately without asking questions, only a photo and the serial number. Exactly the opposite experience with EML. They asked me to measure my amp, photos, emails coming and going, etc, just to find the excuse to deny warranty.
Western Electric offers 5 years warranty as well on their 300B. And afaik they also honor the warranty.

Elrog is probably the best 300B money can buy right now, but they come with only 1 year warranty.

Nov 23, 2022 at 4:14 PM Post #13 of 13
Western Electric offers 5 years warranty as well on their 300B. And afaik they also honor the warranty.

Elrog is probably the best 300B money can buy right now, but they come with only 1 year warranty.

Well, premium 300B have crazy prices and I don't know if I will be willing to spend another grand or so on a new pair. I'm not confident enough after my experience with EML.

The EMLs were better than the Shuguang WE Replica, but also are the Genalex Golden Lions. I'm sure the EMLs are better than the Genalex, but I'm not sure by how much and if they are worthwile considering the price difference. I believe there are better ways to spend the money on my system.

I'm tempted on trying a pair of Shuguang Nature Sound 300B. I understand they are somehow an upgrade from the Black Treasures and they cost about $250 plus shipping in China, from a well known seller. There are very few comments on line, but for the price, it's not a big risk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back