Elysian Acoustic Labs IEMs - Discussion and Impressions
Jun 21, 2023 at 1:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Damz87

Headphoneus Supremus
There's a few Elysian threads floating around but I thought it would be good to have a centralized thread as a resource and where we can discuss all things Elysian :)

Current Elysian Acoustic Labs IEM Lineup
Annihilator 2023

1687322988441.png

7 DRIVERS TRIBRID CONFIGURATION​

• 4 Way Crossover
  • Dive Pass System for Deep Bass Control
  • 3D AccuPost System for Accurate Sound Stage
  • Advanced Acoustic Chamber Design
  • Pentaconn Connector
  • High Quality Internal Wiring from Japan
Meet Annihilator, the flagship product representing the essence of Elysian Acoustic Labs coupled with top-tier technicalities that are second to none. Annihilator makes no compromises and will allow you to experience the pinnacle of musical experience with its unorthodox majestic force.

Featuring state-of-the art tribrid setup: 1 Dynamic Driver, 4 Balanced Armatures and 2 Electrostatic Drivers, Annihilator provides a truly intoxicating audio experience. On top of the high performance drivers, Annihilator is also powered by multiple in-house technologies such as 3D AccuPost System and Dive Pass Module for a meticulous sound positioning and a deep controlled bass.

The 2023 upgrades include: new metal sound bore design for better ergonomics, internal wiring upgrade with new custom UPOCC copper and silver litz material and a new packaging design.

Annihilator faceplates are now available in three colorways: Gold plated copper mirror, Spin brushed Titanium and Stainless steel.

Diva 2023

1687323231967.png

Elysian Acoustic Labs DIVA 2023 is a classic revamped with an improved crossover, upgraded stainless steel nozzle, and upgraded internal wiring. The famous multi-BA IEM has won the hearts of audiophiles from all around the globe with its classic tuning and great resolution. DIVA 2023 takes that legacy ahead with a better balance between the different frequencies and improved looks. DIVA houses a six-BA driver configuration and features a rotating Bass tuning switch. Users can select between three-level of bass for the best synergy with different music and listening preferences.

Extravagant Performance With Six High-Performance BA Drivers

Elysian DIVA 2023 delivers outstanding sound characteristics with a combination of six high-performance balanced armature drivers. Elysian Acoustics has carefully chosen high-quality balanced armature drivers for the DIVA. The pair achieves crisp high-resolution for vocals and delivers an impressive sound output.

Four-Way Frequency Crossover

With a professional acoustic team, the tuning and crossover of the DIVA 2023 have been redesigned with 2nd generation Crossover circuit. The drivers are adjusted for crisp and precise performance. This second-gen crossover takes the full benefit of each driver unit delivering top-quality performance with lower distortion and clearer background.

Three-Way Rotating Bass Switch

Choose the level of bass that you want in your IEM. The Elysian Acoustic Labs DIVA 2023 features a 3-way rotating tuning that allows you to control the amount of bass the pair is delivering. Adjust it based on your listening preferences or different levels for different music genres.

Beautiful Looks For A Beautiful IEM

DIVA justifies its name with both its sound and looks. The pair is available in three stunning color options, Red, Blue, and Black. The pair has glittery looks on the face covers and have a comfortable design. For the 2023 variant, Elysian Acoustics have treated the pair with a stainless steel nozzle.

Upgraded Internal Wirings

The DIVA 2023 has received an upgrade in the internal wiring. The pair features new custom UPOCC Copper and Silver Litz material wiring. High-quality wiring ensures quality signal transmission delivering pure and clean sound.

Discontinued Elysian Acoustic Labs IEMs
X

1687323488465.png

9 DRIVERS TRIBRID CONFIGURATION​

• 4 Way Crossover
  • DiVe Pass System for Deep Bass Control
  • 3D AccuPost System for Accurate Sound Stage
  • Advanced Acoustic Chamber Design
  • Pentaconn Connector
Annihilator 2021

1687323683993.png

Diva 2021

1687323747288.png

Eros
Artemis
Artemis V2
Cora
Hades
Poseidon
Minerva
Terminator
Terminator v2

I'll add more info, photos and resources on current, upcoming and previous Elysian IEMs in due course.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2023 at 10:56 AM Post #2 of 10
Diva's bass is awesome, it's the closest to a DD sound a BA's ever emulated, or at least from all I've heard so far. I'd like to try the 2023 someday, but it seems that it's toned down a little. The Annihilator on the other hand got a little boost on the 2023 iteration, maybe to stamp its authority on who's DD in town 😅 Would like to try that one as well

Attachments

• graph (3).png
    graph (3).png
    289.8 KB · Views: 0
  • graph (2).png
    graph (2).png
    234.9 KB · Views: 0
Jul 17, 2023 at 2:45 AM Post #3 of 10
6FA99E01-6026-4591-8DC8-FB75AACDD61F.jpeg

Last week, I received Diva 2023 on loan as part of Australian tour.

What an amazing iem - it’s definitely an improvement over Gaea and possibly one of my favourite iems under $2000.

More to follow, incl comparison with Diva 21 and Mest Mk2.

Thanks @Damz87 for these loaners!

Jul 17, 2023 at 2:55 AM Post #4 of 10

Last week, I received Diva 2023 on loan as part of Australian tour.

What an amazing iem - it’s definitely an improvement over Gaea and possibly one of my favourite iems under $2000.

More to follow, incl comparison with Diva 21 and Mest Mk2.

Thanks @Damz87 for these loaners!
Great photo - Looking forward to reading your impressions! And a big thanks to @JordonEA for sourcing a tour unit for us down under folks :)

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2023 at 12:23 AM Post #5 of 10
Elysian Diva 2023

Warning: this post contains my opinion that may upset few people due to discussion of snake-oils. If you disagree, please just skip this.

8627F55A-0314-4A3E-9BFB-CED8D1247ED0.jpeg
----
Around 2 months ago, I tried @Damz87 Diva 21 and was very impressed by it. I love its huge bass, fun tuning and great technicality. So, I was excited when Damien informed that its successor, Diva 23 is available for tour.

So, what’s the difference? Internally, the crossover circuit and internal wiring have been updated. Externally, the nozzle is now stainless steal instead of acrylic. Stock cable has changed. Diva 23 comes with Effect Audio (EA) Ares 2 and Diva 21 has Liquid Links (LL) Conti.
7202DD12-D67C-463A-B612-4EB3720CDD6B.jpeg
Minor thing but worth mentioning - Diva bass tuning switch colour label has changed. So, Diva offers capability to tune bass quantity by turning the switch on the iem. It has 3 levels and I always go with maximum bass because imo, it fully utilises Diva quality bass drivers. There’s slight diff in the colour label: with Diva 21, Red has the Max bass, while in Diva 23, it’s Blue.
B0CA0428-7E2B-4B33-BF65-3B0B2EA4AF97.jpeg
——
Initial Impression

I was confused when I listened to Diva 23. It’s different than what I remembered about Diva 21. The timbre sounds unnatural, bass is lack of weight, and the technicality was just so-so. I talked to Damien about it and being a legend as he is, he loaned me his Diva 21 once again.

Listening to Diva 21 once again, yes, it is as good as I remembered it. Moving to Diva 23, I noticed there is decrease in performance. Diva 23 dynamics is more compressed, less spacious, bass isn’t as rich or as full, and detail retrieval is not on par. It confirms my initial impression.

So far, my impression before was based on Diva 23 + EA Ares 2 and Diva 21 + LL Conti. I decided to test if the sound change due to difference in internal component or the cable.

The first step is to test how each cable sounds on both Diva 21 and Diva 23.

DA8D1A14-0265-42A2-B52F-D4CF8E435E6B.jpeg
---

Snake Oil Comparison: LL Conti vs EA Ares 2

Conti is noticeably more transparent. Texture presented is more vivid. It also sounds more spacious than Ares 2. Conti dynamics is also outstanding – meanwhile, Ares 2 dynamics feels compressed/ constrained.

Tuning wise, Ares 2 has more focus on subbass. Conti has same depth of subbass but bolder which gives impression of bigger bass. Moreover, Conti has more warmth in low-mid range.

In my opinion, Conti is simply a better cable.
---

Diva 21 vs Diva 23

48B67A66-D7BE-4E6B-A7A2-589E8B574002.jpeg

Next, by using same cable (LL Conti), I A/B-ed Diva 21 and Diva 23.
Overall, Diva 23 has darker sound signature than Diva 21. Meanwhile, Diva 21 sounds more energetic.

Diva 21 bass has weightier slam than Diva 23. However, Diva 23 has deeper subbass. Diva 21 bass has a nice natural decay while Diva 23 has faster bass transient. Diva 21 vocal is more forward and sounds fuller. Meanwhile, Diva 23 sounds thinner with slight hint of being honky. Diva 21 treble is also more forward - although its far from being bright. Both iems have smooth treble - I never found it to be offensive.

Soundstage wise, Diva 23 is more intimate, meanwhile, Diva 21 sounds more spacious and grandeur. Diva 21 also sounds slightly more transparent.

For my taste, I prefer Diva 21, although Diva 23 isn’t as far behind as I thought from my initial impression. Unfortunately , Ares 2 does disservice to Diva 23 and makes it sounds worse. So, I would strongly recommend getting an upgraded cable. Note, you will need cable with Pentaconn iem connector which may not as readily available as 2pin.
——

Diva 23 vs UM Mest Mk 2

A8D10C64-ED9A-4239-8F07-257EBDCF555C.jpeg
How does Diva 23 perform compared against its competitor? To answer this, I used UM Mest Mk2 as the benchmark. UM Mest mk2 is the older Mest model (Mest mk3 has just been recently released) and priced similar to Diva. It’s still one of my most fav mid-tier iems.

Diva 23 has more forward bass with huge bass slam. Texture wise, Mest mk2 benefits from having good dd bass - it carries weightier and more solid bass punch. Meanwhile, Diva 23 bass is more hollow or cushion-y. Diva 23 bass is still outstanding though and may best most iems with dd bass in the market.

Mest mk2 has more forward vocal with neutral presentation. Diva 23 as comparison is more recessed but warmer.

In term of treble, Mest mk2 is infamous for being bright and shouty. With certain tracks, it would be too fatiguing. Diva 23 treble on the other hand, is more recessed and smoother/organic.

Mest mk2 in general has sharper transient while Diva 23 is smoother. This may contribute to better clarity with Mest mk2. On the other hand, Diva 23 sounds more natural and less fatiguing.
—-
Conclusion
In conclusion, Diva 23 is a very good iem with pleasant tuning and excellent bass. It sits comfortably among the best midtier iems under $2k. To reach its potential though, you would need a better cable than stock.

Credit:
Big thanks to @Damz87 and @JordonEA for organising this tour!

Jul 26, 2023 at 1:31 AM Post #6 of 10
Elysian Diva 2023

Warning: this post contains my opinion that may upset few people due to discussion of snake-oils. If you disagree, please just skip this.

----
Around 2 months ago, I tried @Damz87 Diva 21 and was very impressed by it. I love its huge bass, fun tuning and great technicality. So, I was excited when Damien informed that its successor, Diva 23 is available for tour.

So, what’s the difference? Internally, the crossover circuit and internal wiring have been updated. Externally, the nozzle is now stainless steal instead of acrylic. Stock cable has changed. Diva 23 comes with Effect Audio (EA) Ares 2 and Diva 21 has Liquid Links (LL) Conti.

Minor thing but worth mentioning - Diva bass tuning switch colour label has changed. So, Diva offers capability to tune bass quantity by turning the switch on the iem. It has 3 levels and I always go with maximum bass because imo, it fully utilises Diva quality bass drivers. There’s slight diff in the colour label: with Diva 21, Red has the Max bass, while in Diva 23, it’s Blue.

——
Initial Impression

I was confused when I listened to Diva 23. It’s different than what I remembered about Diva 21. The timbre sounds unnatural, bass is lack of weight, and the technicality was just so-so. I talked to Damien about it and being a legend as he is, he loaned me his Diva 21 once again.

Listening to Diva 21 once again, yes, it is as good as I remembered it. Moving to Diva 23, I noticed there is decrease in performance. Diva 23 dynamics is more compressed, less spacious, bass isn’t as rich or as full, and detail retrieval is not on par. It confirms my initial impression.

So far, my impression before was based on Diva 23 + EA Ares 2 and Diva 21 + LL Conti. I decided to test if the sound change due to difference in internal component or the cable.

---

Conti is noticeably more transparent. Texture presented is more vivid. It also sounds more spacious than Ares 2. Conti dynamics is also outstanding – meanwhile, Ares 2 dynamics feels compressed/ constrained.

Tuning wise, Ares 2 has more focus on subbass. Conti has same depth of subbass but bolder which gives impression of bigger bass. Moreover, Conti has more warmth in low-mid range.

---

Diva 21 vs Diva 23

Overall, Diva 23 has darker sound signature than Diva 21. Meanwhile, Diva 21 sounds more energetic.

Diva 21 bass has weightier slam than Diva 23. However, Diva 23 has deeper subbass. Diva 21 bass has a nice natural decay while Diva 23 has faster bass transient. Diva 21 vocal is more forward and sounds fuller. Meanwhile, Diva 23 sounds thinner with slight hint of being honky. Diva 21 treble is also more forward - although its far from being bright. Both iems have smooth treble - I never found it to be offensive.

Soundstage wise, Diva 23 is more intimate, meanwhile, Diva 21 sounds more spacious and grandeur. Diva 21 also sounds slightly more transparent.

For my taste, I prefer Diva 21, although Diva 23 isn’t as far behind as I thought from my initial impression. Unfortunately , Ares 2 does disservice to Diva 23 and makes it sounds worse. So, I would strongly recommend getting an upgraded cable. Note, you will need cable with Pentaconn iem connector which may not as readily available as 2pin.
——

Diva 23 vs UM Mest Mk 2

How does Diva 23 perform compared against its competitor? To answer this, I used UM Mest Mk2 as the benchmark. UM Mest mk2 is the older Mest model (Mest mk3 has just been recently released) and priced similar to Diva. It’s still one of my most fav mid-tier iems.

Diva 23 has more forward bass with huge bass slam. Texture wise, Mest mk2 benefits from having good dd bass - it carries weightier and more solid bass punch. Meanwhile, Diva 23 bass is more hollow or cushion-y. Diva 23 bass is still outstanding though and may best most iems with dd bass in the market.

Mest mk2 has more forward vocal with neutral presentation. Diva 23 as comparison is more recessed but warmer.

In term of treble, Mest mk2 is infamous for being bright and shouty. With certain tracks, it would be too fatiguing. Diva 23 treble on the other hand, is more recessed and smoother/organic.

Mest mk2 in general has sharper transient while Diva 23 is smoother. This may contribute to better clarity with Mest mk2. On the other hand, Diva 23 sounds more natural and less fatiguing.
—-
Conclusion
In conclusion, Diva 23 is a very good iem with pleasant tuning and excellent bass. It sits comfortably among the best midtier iems under $2k. To reach its potential though, you would need a better cable than stock.

Credit:
Thanks for sharing your impressions! Regarding the Ares S vs Conti, personally I don’t think Ares S is a bad cable in an overall sense as it can sound quite good with other IEM’s, I feel like the issue could just be a case of synergy mismatch with Diva (both 21 & 23).

Instead I’m using the EA Cadmus FE on my own Diva 23 and to me it sounds fantastic. Much more to my preferences than Ares S :)

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2023 at 6:37 PM Post #7 of 10
Elysian Diva 2023

8627F55A-0314-4A3E-9BFB-CED8D1247ED0.jpeg
----

7202DD12-D67C-463A-B612-4EB3720CDD6B.jpeg
B0CA0428-7E2B-4B33-BF65-3B0B2EA4AF97.jpeg
——
Initial Impression

DA8D1A14-0265-42A2-B52F-D4CF8E435E6B.jpeg
---

---

Diva 21 vs Diva 23

48B67A66-D7BE-4E6B-A7A2-589E8B574002.jpeg

——

Diva 23 vs UM Mest Mk 2

A8D10C64-ED9A-4239-8F07-257EBDCF555C.jpeg

—-
Conclusion

Credit:

Thanks for sharing - I was very impressed with the DIVA during the short time I had with it in Singapore, more than the Annihilator which is rare for me as I usually do not choose all BA IEMs.

Sep 15, 2023 at 8:51 PM Post #8 of 10
Big thanks to everyone involved for organizing the tour for Diva 2023.

My video review is up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back