"efficient" speakers
Mar 14, 2007 at 2:55 AM Post #18 of 19
With low watts ans tubes you must look into horns. If you are at all DIY oriented then build some awsome horns and you will love them. My full range horns cost ~150 inclusing drivers and sound AMAZING. I dont listen to my W5000s much at all.
-greg

PS- in these horns they are around 100 db 1 watt/ 1 meter

Mar 14, 2007 at 3:55 PM Post #19 of 19
I'm sure you're already aware, but buying used is a great way to either save cash or get better gear within your budget. Audiogon is the defacto standard, and it has its own forums for more research. These may be out of your budget, but the Zu tone monitors sound incredible, and they're 101db efficient with a very steady impedance. On the other end of the price scale, those PSB B1 monitors mentioned above are really excellent speakers, though not exotic, and they will provide you with very accurate listening. I own and enjoy PSB speakers, and they are far truer to the source than many of their more expensive counterparts. They have been accused of being somewhat clinical, but that may mate very well with a tubey amp like the dared. Just my two cents, and my first post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back