EDM focused headphone with good mids? ($250-300ish)
Nov 24, 2017 at 5:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ChickenTrainer0

New Head-Fier
I typically listen to EDM with female vocals so a headphone geared towards the lower range but with a clear and pronounced midrange for the vocals would be great.

I have 2 headphones at the moment, Sennheiser momentum 2's and ATH m50x's. Despite paying 2x as much for the momentum's I find them to be a bit lackluster - I find them to be a great generalist headphone but not particularly good at one thing. I like the sound of the m50x a lot more and find that these fit my music taste a lot better, except that the mids are clearly lacking/recessed, even compared to the pretty mediocre midrange of the momentum 2's. If an EDM track doesn't have vocals, I prefer the M50x by quite a bit and find them a lot more "active", but whenever vocals are involved the m50x make me physically cringe because they sound so flat.

Are there any headphones that have both a good lower range/bass while also having crispy clear and popping mids? I have seen the Beyerdynamic DT line thrown around, but still not sure if they would be an upgrade. Would prefer not to overstep $300. These are intended for home use so I guess they could technically be open, but I don't live alone and would prefer it if half the household doesn't hear what I'm listening to, so I typically go for closed. Prefer listening on my laptop while on the couch etc so don't want anything that requires me to drag around an amp.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back