Edifier S550 and Creative X-Fi Titanium PCI-E
Dec 10, 2015 at 12:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

NEO701

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

I just got an Edifier S550 to replace my old Creative Inspire 5200.

I have Creative X-Fi Titanium PCI-E to drive the S550.

I installed the speakers and I am disappointed as I did not find much difference as expected from the age old Creative 5200 !! either from clarity or loudness side.

I thought that S550 should be miles better than the old 5200 !!

So is this card good enough for the S550 or should I get another card ?

Or maybe I am doing something wrong.

Thoughts....?

Dec 10, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #2 of 4
  I just got an Edifier S550 to replace my old Creative Inspire 5200.
I have Creative X-Fi Titanium PCI-E to drive the S550.
I installed the speakers and I am disappointed as I did not find much difference as expected from the age old Creative 5200 !! either from clarity or loudness side.
I thought that S550 should be miles better than the old 5200 !!
So is this card good enough for the S550 or should I get another card ?
Or maybe I am doing something wrong.
Thoughts....?

Assuming you disabled the motherboard's on-board audio, in the BIOS, before installing the Titanium sound card or the software?
Assuming your using the Creative Titanium (non-HD) PCI-E sound card?
You might consider posting this issue on the Sound blaster forum, might get some good advice on the card's settings.
http://forums.creative.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6

You might consider swapping out the Titanium for the newer SB-Z, as the SB-Z comes with a better DAC chip.

Dec 10, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #3 of 4

Assuming you disabled the motherboard's on-board audio, in the BIOS, before installing the Titanium sound card or the software?
Assuming your using the Creative Titanium (non-HD) PCI-E sound card?
You might consider posting this issue on the Sound blaster forum, might get some good advice on the card's settings.
http://forums.creative.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6

You might consider swapping out the Titanium for the newer SB-Z, as the SB-Z comes with a better DAC chip.

Yes I already disabled the on-board audio from BIOS,
Yes I am using non-HD PCI-E Titanium card.
I don't think there is any problem with card settings as I am using it for long time now and I am familiar with its settings.
All I did is swapping the old 5200 with the new S550 and the card should be enough for both, subsequently I should notice a -lot- better performance (sound clarity and loudness) immediately by the S550, but unfortunately this is not the case !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back