ECP Audio T4 Headphone Amplifier - Built and Sold by BeezarAudio
Jun 10, 2020 at 1:07 AM Post #91 of 103
Are you going to open a Walnut run?

Jun 23, 2020 at 2:11 AM Post #92 of 103
The Beezar T4 has landed [thank you paradoxper]. Have to pick it up at UPS tomorrow.
Also have the ecp DSHA-3F in-house [optimized for Focal].
The DSHA-3F is going to be one tough act to follow!
The "lineup" consists of the Focal Utopia, ATH-ADX5000 and HEDDphone. These three have sounded their absolute best with the DSHA-3F so far.
Am also expecting a 4x 22 AWG Neotech solid cores UPOCC Cu cable for the HEDDphone.
[Am listening to the ADX5000 now. Even though the ATH are high impedance [420 ohm], the DSHA-3F works extremely well with them (am currently enjoying Tidal Masters: Doris Day, Keely Smith, The Beach Boys into the wee, wee hours)].

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2020 at 8:24 AM Post #94 of 103
Hello,

I al very interested in your T4 to HEDD comparison with the 3F. I recently obtained a set and had the T4 here back in Jan for a review, but did not have the HEDD's then.

What are the power output specs for the 3F. Its good to hear it plays well with the HEDDS.

Thanks
Alex

Aug 22, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #95 of 103
The DSHA-3F really does not have the power reserves to deliver the bass capabilities of the HEDDphone. Plus, I cannot find a clear/complete specification list for the 3F.

I have a 1 Watt hybrid amp [a heavily modded/upgraded Bada PH-12] that drives, I think, the HEDDphone's bass better, but not yet to to their full potential

Even the lowly [$290] SMSL SP200 THX AAA 888 does better than the 3F, bass-wise, while inferior--but not by much!--in other regards.

The T4 is not up to the task, either, IMHO--at least, for me, there was no "aha!" moment when I initially ran the HEDD briefly with the T4. But I may have to unbox it and do some more listening. I cannot find a clear specification list for the T4, either.

I have had notable success with the DSHA-3F and, of course, the Utopia, and also with the ADX5000 and the Empyrean; but the HEDDphone are not the 3F's forte.

Will be running the HEDDphone directly out of the speaker taps of my Dussun T6 integrated and reporting [Deo volente] sometime next week.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2020 at 10:19 AM Post #96 of 103
Thanks...that would be my impression as well....always limits etc...

I drive my HEDDS with a Lyr 3 and a Jotenheim. It really needs 1 watt or even more...to really shine IMO.

Enjoy the T4 its a very special amp to me, and in its range of capabilitues its really awesome to me!!

I have Focal Clears, would love to hear your exerience between the 3F and the T4....

Alex

Jan 23, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #98 of 103
Telefunken ECC801s are the best tubes I have heard in the ECP T4. The highs are much better defined. Tonality is like on a solid state amp.

I was using GEC A2900 and Mullard M8162 tubes before. I don't know why some people claim that A2900 is better than other ECC81 tubes. They sound very similar to Mullards.

IMG_7546.JPG

Jan 23, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #99 of 103
I found the T4 to be so neutral that it was simply not the amp for me. I own a lot of top tier tubes from GEC, Siemens, Tele, Amperex and never heard much difference. I went full tube amp after trying the T4 (and LP) tube/ hybrid. If I am going tube, I want to really hear tubes. The hybrids are polite and powerful but IMO underwhelming. One man's opinion!

Jan 25, 2021 at 5:12 PM Post #100 of 103
My telefunkens seem to sound different. I compared with my solid state RME ADI 2.
I have ordered custom built OTL amp ( it takes 6J5 tubes ). It will be interesting to see which amp sounds better :)

Jan 26, 2022 at 10:33 AM Post #102 of 103
Error

Users who are viewing this thread

Back