Echo Indigo IO vs. Standard
Oct 27, 2004 at 6:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

saab

500+ Head-Fier
I know that the Indigo has been a somewhat debated item lately, but I was wondering a couple of things about the differences between the IO and the base model. Does the IO offer a line level out? I know that it has in.

Are there any other advantages to the IO? I currently have one being shipped to the local guitarcenter that I am planning to buy it tomorow for $139 (th IO that is).

Is this worth it? I am looking for extreme portability with my laptop and convenience. This means that I don't need any comments like I should get this or that instead. For my needs, I feel that the Indigo is it.

Thanks
John

Oct 28, 2004 at 1:03 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by saab
I know that the Indigo has been a somewhat debated item lately, but I was wondering a couple of things about the differences between the IO and the base model. Does the IO offer a line level out? I know that it has in.

Are there any other advantages to the IO? I currently have one being shipped to the local guitarcenter that I am planning to buy it tomorow for $139 (th IO that is).

Is this worth it? I am looking for extreme portability with my laptop and convenience. This means that I don't need any comments like I should get this or that instead. For my needs, I feel that the Indigo is it.

Thanks
John

The Echo Indigo has two headphone outputs.
The Echo Indigo IO has a headphone output and a line-level input.
The Echo Indigo DJ has a headphone output and a separate line-level output.

Oct 28, 2004 at 1:13 AM Post #3 of 4
Hello saab -

It is the Echo Indigo DJ that offers one stereo line output and 1 stereo headphone output. The Echo Indigo IO offers 1 stereo analog input and 1 stereo analog headphone output.

The link to the detailed specs for the DJ is:

Echo Indigo DJ detailed specs page

and the link to the IO detailed specs page, so you can be sure:

Echo Indigo IO detailed specs page

You definitely want the DJ with line out because although the 24/96 DAC is nice, the amp is less than mediocre. Better than nothing in a pinch, but if you can use line out to a better amp, you'll be much happier. I have the plain Echo Indigo which I use when I must travel ultra-compact. Otherwise, I use a modded Sonica USB and mini amp > K501. I would have gotten the DJ, but I wasn't aware of its line out option at the time.

$139 is a great price, and if you can get the Echo Indigo DJ for that price, grab it. The IO and DJ tend to sell discounted retail for about $179 ($164 - $190 on ebay!).

Cheers.

k1000smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back