eBay Seller provides wrong tracking number, does not respond to messages and item has not been delivered.
Mar 19, 2016 at 12:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

EagleWings

Headphoneus Supremus
I purchased a camera lens for my wife on March 10 and it was supposed to be delivered on March 17. The seller provided me an incorrect tracking number and does not respond to messages. Today is March 19 and the item has not been delivered yet. I started a refund request yesterday, requesting the seller to refund my money. I have to wait till March 24 before I can approach eBay directly to step in.

But I need the lens immediately as my wife has a gig coming up next week. What if I buy the lens from another seller and the the 1st seller rejects my refund request and ships the lens on March 23. I will be left with 2 lenses. Please advise.

I know this is not an audio related question. I wouldn't be posting it here if it was not an urgent matter. Thanks for your help!

Mar 19, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #2 of 3
You are in a bind. I don't use ebay, but at the end of the day, if your wife has to have the lens for her gig, then you have to act to provide her with that lens. It is always possible the first seller may refuse the refund request. Then you will either be stuck with two lenses, or you will be stuck with one and out the cash for the other that was never shipped. If you do end up with two lenses, perhaps you could return the (second) lens for a refund (maybe buy it from amazon?). That is the only way I see of protecting yourself from this mess. You have to buy the second one from a seller that allows returns for full refund no questions asked (that's why we use amazon). Those are my thoughts. Good luck.

Mar 19, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #3 of 3
  You are in a bind. I don't use ebay, but at the end of the day, if your wife has to have the lens for her gig, then you have to act to provide her with that lens. It is always possible the first seller may refuse the refund request. Then you will either be stuck with two lenses, or you will be stuck with one and out the cash for the other that was never shipped. If you do end up with two lenses, perhaps you could return the (second) lens for a refund (maybe buy it from amazon?). That is the only way I see of protecting yourself from this mess. You have to buy the second one from a seller that allows returns for full refund no questions asked (that's why we use amazon). Those are my thoughts. Good luck.

Thank you. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back