Ear tips for RE0
Apr 25, 2010 at 5:19 AM Post #16 of 22
Sony hybrids are another viable option.
Some people like them, I personally didn't hear enough of a difference to stick with them. I just use the stock single flange tips. They are the best sounding to me.

Jun 18, 2010 at 1:47 PM Post #17 of 22
I just received my Sony ear tips (from their hybrid series - PN EP-EX10A):

WHAT A DIFFERENCE.

The RE0 is truly hampered by the garbage tips Head Direct ships.

Head Direct guys - if you're reading ... the RE0 is a brilliant headphone.  I put them up against my ER4s in many categories.  IEM bargain of the century.

PLEASE bump the price up $5 and arrange an OEM deal with Sony for their ear tips.  They utterly transform the RE0; the seal is better, the tube is longer (so the metal cans don't irritate your ears), and they're infinitely more comfortable.  They don't fall out!

Everyone else... if you have an RE0 and the fit isn't perfect, order a set of the Sony's.  You will not regret it. :)

Aug 22, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #18 of 22
Hi guys!
The thread might be a bit old but there's no point starting a new one soooooooo

I lost my white bi-flange tips. I tried the other 2 sets but they are so hard they hurt my ears.. I'm in the market for a set of some decent ear tips for my beloved RE0.

I'm looking at the Sony hybrids, but is there any way to get the white bi-flanges? Does anyone sell those, or are there similar ones somewhere to buy?

EDIT: Also, where can I find the Sony hybrids for cheap? Whenever I do, the shipping costs make up for the "bargain"... Shipped to EU btw.

Aug 26, 2010 at 3:24 AM Post #20 of 22
hi to all. i dont post very often but allow me to share a few thoughts regarding my experience with foam tips on my RE0's. I don't have too many earphones in my armamentarium but fortunately i have the UE superfi 5 pro and so i tried experimenting the superfi tips with my RE0''s. With regards to isolation, i think they provide better isolation compared with the stock ones. But there's a drawback. It seems to me that the clarity that the RE0 possess so much, especially on the high frequencies, are sort of muffled a bit. It's a big thing for me since this is precisely one of the main reasons why i got the RE0 - for its clarity and crispness. I dont know if this applies to all foamies in general but I gather that the reason behind this is when you push the foamies deep into your ear, it decreases the aperture of the "nozzle" or whatever you call it, in effect, causing deterioration of the high frequency sounds. I tried squishing the foams and let them expand in my ear but same effect. I actually also noticed this when using the foamies on my superfi 5 pro. This is why I shy away from foam tips and prefer the silicone type. Just a thought and am open to suggestions.

Oct 18, 2010 at 9:50 AM Post #21 of 22
@ nightfire - I ordered the Sony tips based on your suggestion, I have been using the large clear double-flanges that came with the RE0s and man they are defintely not comfortable.  So I popped on the biggest Sony, which fits great and is really super-comfortable, a world of difference.  Extremely comfortable.

But the sound I now get is...  terrible.  The highs and mids, the clarity and resolution of the RE0s just got completely erased.  They sound muddy, and have no sparkle at all.

Sorry, while the Sony tips might feel great, they just turned a stellar IEM into stock apple earbuds, so I'm gonna have to keep looking.  Maybe the decored Shure Olives, though I cannot find a way to order them online anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back