Ear plugs for concerts/raves.. Etymotic ER-20 or High fidelity Hearos?
Apr 12, 2006 at 11:54 PM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by quoteunquote
i play bass in a band and have been looking into getting some plugs. are the Etymotic ER-20's reusable?

For sure, they will last quite a while. You just have to wipe them clean once in a while

Apr 12, 2006 at 11:57 PM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by afxdave
Too much for my broke-***** right now. I checked these too:

http://www.earplugsonline.com/index.html

Anyone have any experience/hearsay about them?

Those are just regular earplugs. It will sound really muffled if you go to a concert with those.

The ER20 reduces noise but the music still sounds good, hence the name Hi-Fidelity earplugs

Apr 13, 2006 at 12:32 AM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnywolfet
i cant bear to use my er20 at concerts, they severly batter the details and highs (everything sounds boomy and jumbled as a result). im saving up for some customs.

I didn't really experience that. The balance isn't perfect, but for the price they're miles and miles ahead of anything else (minus musician's, of course)

Apr 24, 2006 at 11:57 AM Post #22 of 26
I used the ER-20's for the first time today at the movies. I have used them at concerts and clubs before, but never at a theatre.

I went to go see V for Vandetta and one of the opening scenes with a character swishing knives through the air was incredibly ear piercing. I was very comfortable after inserting the ER-20s, and I noticed my friends in attendence with me had a hard time in the loud scenes.

I really cannot understand why movies are so loud? Is it my imagination or false sense of memory that makes me believe theatres today are louder than in the past?

I find it odd that there is so much protest about controlling volume levels for portable audio devices and yet movie theatres can get away with anything.

Apr 24, 2006 at 12:26 PM Post #23 of 26
hey kush would you happen to have a brother name ank :p?

Apr 24, 2006 at 12:33 PM Post #24 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by jlo mein
I used the ER-20's for the first time today at the movies. I have used them at concerts and clubs before, but never at a theatre.

I went to go see V for Vandetta and one of the opening scenes with a character swishing knives through the air was incredibly ear piercing. I was very comfortable after inserting the ER-20s, and I noticed my friends in attendence with me had a hard time in the loud scenes.

I really cannot understand why movies are so loud? Is it my imagination or false sense of memory that makes me believe theatres today are louder than in the past?

I find it odd that there is so much protest about controlling volume levels for portable audio devices and yet movie theatres can get away with anything.

Great movie.

I agree that they aren't too careful with volume levels sometimes. I'd make an effort to let them know after the movie if the volume was too high.

Apr 24, 2006 at 12:53 PM Post #25 of 26
Oxymoron?
confused.gif

Apr 25, 2006 at 12:28 AM Post #26 of 26

Users who are viewing this thread

Back