EAR PAIN WITH EVERY SINGLE OVER EAR CAN
Nov 30, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #31 of 34
i suggest you to try them, they are a lot closer in sound to full size headphones than a regular in ears, if you don't like the sound without EQ try to compensate with eq ing the upper mids, you may like them

thank you!
yeah, thats what i thought about the large soundstage with the isine 20. supposedly open/semi open design. have you been listening to a lot of IEMs? is that your primary gear? are there IEMs that can match high end over ear cans in terms of some aspects that make sense to compare (other than soundstage etc...)? good enough to relax at home and feel lost?

Nov 30, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #32 of 34
thank you!
yeah, thats what i thought about the large soundstage with the isine 20. supposedly open/semi open design. have you been listening to a lot of IEMs? is that your primary gear? are there IEMs that can match high end over ear cans in terms of some aspects that make sense to compare (other than soundstage etc...)? good enough to relax at home and feel lost?
It'll cost you more essentially. Imagine the HD800. The engineers have plenty of room to design a large headphone with impressive qualities. To design an IEM that could be considered equal to the 800 (IMO there is none) then the engineers would have to fit everything in such a small package that the R&D costs alone would drive the price up way higher than the HD800. Its like trying to design a speaker that sounds like a big 2.1 system, but is the size of a loaf of bread.

Jan 29, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #33 of 34
Hey Cossix, been quite a while since this thread died out haha. I just read through some old comments and must thank you (and everyone else that answered) again for the answers and help you were extending on here. Astonishingly I still have the ear pain problem. Never left me....went on to full size speakers. But every now and then I ll order a nice headphone and try out if my ear somewhat magically healed haha..has not worked yet
Hope you are doing well

Cheers

Feb 21, 2024 at 1:43 PM Post #34 of 34
On reddit there is a community of people affected by hyperacusis, it can be very useful. With recovered testimonies that tell their process with this condition.

I developed hyperacusis after using headphones for prolonged listening of approximately 3 hours a day. Getting to occupy them for 6 hours straight, at moderate-high volumes. One day my ears said, no more, and I can't use headphones. My hearing hurts after a minute. I'm getting closer to audio through speakers and at very low volume. Is better to go slowly, measuring the limit of tolerance and without forcing.

It is a job of acceptance for an audiophile but there are more things in this life to enjoy.

Blessings for your audio system

Users who are viewing this thread

Back