EAC Ripper
Dec 26, 2009 at 7:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Deep Funk

Headphoneus Supremus
Yesterday I gave EAC a try. I usually ripped music with WMP11. Usually it went without problems and the WMAs really gave good sound for listening to music.

Things changed. WMP11 has some annoyances which make it absolute garbage and don't justify its existance on any PC-system. VLC is now my main media player. Because of my discomfort with WMP11 I started a thread which led me to EAC.

To test EAC I used the 1994 best-of-compilation by Bootsy Collins. EAC requires some getting used to. It's very in your face with the user interface, so what you see is what you get.

Ripping the CD went quite simple. I worked in the by me chosen beginners/starters mode/settings. You still have to click around to get some understanding. I had to rip/copy track by track and name each track and place each track in the designated album file.

I went for the uncompressed WAV-files which really do have the same sound quality as the CD. My MDR V6-es really treated my ears to the copied Bootsy sound. I'll need at least 100 Gb for my uncompressed album copies and a media player with FLAC or PCM.
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back