E-MU 1212, Bencmmark DAC-1, big problem is it me
Sep 30, 2004 at 3:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Captain

500+ Head-Fier
Hi Can any body help out. I have just installed E-MU 1212 in to my computer which is going into a Benchmark DAC-1. It has replaced a 0404. Problem is I getting not getting a signal going into the DAC via a optical cable, on the DAC front panel I getting error and the Non PCM light comes on and goes off. I know that every thing from foobar(same setting as I was using with 0404) is going to the Patchmix as I can see a active ASIO season and the main Mix bars are responding to a signal. Could any body help out I have tried all sorts of sessions but am not getting any were. Have been going for about 3 hours and all I am doing is getting real mad.

Could any body talk me through it, so if all is set as said all should be working. Gets me thinking that their may be something wrong with the card. (I am looking to sell the 1212 so need to know if all is OK). If I put the 0404 in their are no problems.

Thanks

Cap

I have just put the guitar tuner template in and I am now getting a signal to the DAC, but can not use foobar through it Just getting the sounds from the computer for example XP start up music. So card works just have not got my setting right. Please addvice.

Sep 30, 2004 at 4:33 PM Post #3 of 8
Hi Iron_Dreamer

Have done what you said and now do not get any error lights on the DAC but I still have no sound. All other out put options work so if I use coax plugged into DAC no problems and if I use the jacks into sound card (no DAC) works OK. Just the optical. Please advice.

Thanks

Sep 30, 2004 at 6:08 PM Post #4 of 8
try optical loopback to see if the signal actualy goes from the card..

Sep 30, 2004 at 6:13 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Glassman
try optical loopback to see if the signal actualy goes from the card..

Could you give me a bit more info not sure what you mean.

As said before I can a signal if I use the guitar tuner template.Can hear all the computer sound effects

Cap

Sep 30, 2004 at 6:20 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
Insert a send to the SPDIF output in the ASIO strip you are using for foobar. Make sure mutes are off, and you should be good to do.

BINGO thanks for the help up and running.

Cap

Sep 30, 2004 at 9:05 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
Use a minimum +4 or -10 session. Hit the options button (the small one near the top with a circle on it), go to the last tab and change the optical output format to SPDIF. That problem happens all the time to people new to the EMU driver system, so don't worry..

Is this always necessary, and if so, why?
I assume it's always better to use a -10 session to avoid clipping?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back