E-mu 0404 for games?
Nov 27, 2004 at 8:00 AM Post #2 of 6
it's just like any non-eax soundcard in the market. sure there'll be some fps lossage due to the cpu taking over in the sound production, but it should be negligible with a modern computer.

the only two problems i can find are shogo-mad (no music) and mafia (car engine sounds disappear). otherwise, everything's hunky dory with the rest of my games.

seriously, if you're going the high end sound card route, you should also buy a cheap souncard such as the chaintech av-710 and link them up using with the 0404 as the main source. it should work fine together, but others here would be more knowledgeable on that topic.

EDIT: you may also want to search the forums as this topic has been brought up several times before.

Nov 27, 2004 at 12:33 PM Post #4 of 6
same with medal of honor. I have no idea why, and am afraid to use two soundcard at once.
biggrin.gif

Nov 27, 2004 at 12:38 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feanor
same with medal of honor. I have no idea why, and am afraid to use two soundcard at once.
biggrin.gif

Why?

Nov 27, 2004 at 3:26 PM Post #6 of 6
I use a digital cable from my onboard SoundStorm to my EMU 0404 and then use that as the DAC for gaming. The onboard SoundStorm (designed to be a gaming solution) seems to work well with all games and I get the quality of the 0404's DAC. A kind of "best of both worlds" solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back