Dynahi Repair
Sep 7, 2021 at 2:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4
Hi all,

I was able to pick up an old Dynahi a few months back. Even though it still operates just fine, the chassis is a bit beat up and the internals need a few fixes, so it's mostly been gathering dust since it arrived. However, I'd like to start using it again, and I think it deserves to be turned into something nice. Would anyone here possibly be open to repairing it for me? I'd want to work on it myself, but I'm currently swamped with work and am also coming up on a career change. So, I won't have enough time to sit down and really focus on it until well into 2022 at the earliest.

Thank you!

Sep 10, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #4 of 4
So I see. You have PM. I think this could be a fun long weekend project for a skilled DIYer. Unfortunately, I don't have any long weekends available. I'd approach it as a complete rebuild and would put it in a chassis with heat sinks along the sides, such as the BZ4309 available on eBay or the 2U Dissipante available from ModuShop in Italy.

Here's a link to pictures of the build involved: https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/dynahi-amp-kevin-gilmore-design-photos-inside.518/
Perhaps the pictures will entice somebody to jump at this project.

Tom

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back