DX5 Interference/clicking/popping while using PC?
Nov 22, 2023 at 11:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Jimmy34

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, I just picked up a Topping DX5 it works perfectly if I'm doing nothing on my PC but as soon as I do any light work like clicking on a website in my bookmarks I hear the a faint digital sound as if the song was recorded bad at that part, I get it with Foobar and while watching a video with MPC-HC.
I tried a different usb b cable, tried different ports too.
Using an Apple dongle in my PCs using C port I do not get this issue.
Tried different things like Windows 10 power modes and USB suspend options etc

If I just watch a show/movie or play music there's no issues.

Nov 22, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #3 of 6
Is it a desktop or a laptop? Are you running wifi or ethernet?

Nov 22, 2023 at 11:48 AM Post #4 of 6
Try relocating your mouse to a different port. I have two DX5s and never had the issue. If your browsing just using the keyboard to page down does it happen then?
I'll relocate my mouse and see, scrolling is fine, just when I click on new pages it's like a .5 milisecond hiccup that I can hear in the music
Also I don't hear it when the music is paused
Sound comes after a page loads not when I click the mouse button
Is it a desktop or a laptop? Are you running wifi or ethernet?
Desktop, ethernet

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2023 at 12:29 AM Post #5 of 6
Try relocating your mouse to a different port. I have two DX5s and never had the issue. If your browsing just using the keyboard to page down does it happen then?
Can you explain how the auto on/off feature works? I don't seem to see a difference with it on or off while using it with a PC and USB connection.
Seems "off" is still warm so I guess the only real off is the switch at the back which I don't know if I should switch that multiple times a day might do more harm than just leaving it on always

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back